Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expired 4 Tesla power walls and 2 inverters [Expired]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to take these off your hands..but honestly I am confused as to why your realtor sees no value in them. Especially when they could render the power bill zero or make money on the VPP plans for ERCOT.

As an example you could have made hundreds of dollars during the latest cold spell last winter. Also the cost to remove them probably should exceed 4K or more and even though you didn't cycle them 3 years is 1/3rd of the warranty.

I think you need to talk to another realtor.
I second that. Back in 2022 I sold my house with solar and 2 Powerwalls. The solar was about 6 years old and I paid 12k after federal tax credits. The Powerwalls I decided to add about 2 years after the solar and were actually unbelievably free due to state incentives. When I listed the house the realtor was not aware I had solar and Powerwalls and gave me a suggested price for me to list the house for. I explained to the realtor all about the solar and Powerwalls and she went back to the drawing board and did a little research and came back and said I should ask for 30k more than what she originally had suggested. Sure enough, after one day on the MLS the first offer came in and the buyer was a cash buyer and he was all about buying my house because it was the only one that had Powerwalls. Needless to say, he did his song and dance trying to lowball me but when I just said, "I'll take your lower offer but I'm taking the Powerwalls with me", the buyer quickly relented and gave me my asking price. Sure, looking back it would've been a better deal for me to pay Tesla the 6k or so to swap the batteries to my new home but in the interest of saving time, it wasn't a terrible deal being able command a significant premium over houses without Powerwalls.

Reactions: ShareLofty
Status
Not open for further replies.