Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

33 Model Y RWD on inventory!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s RWD Model 3’s available too, which is interesting as people are still waiting on Model 3’s which they ordered months ago.
I imagine all orders will be fulfilled this quarter and these are excess inventory, or a small number of cancellations. Basically back it how it was over a year ago when lead times were a max of three months and at the end of each quarter a few go into inventory for instant purchase.

It feels unusual to have so many so early in the quarter. The RWD is relatively new and perhaps they felt it would sell better, made more than they needed in their usual speculative manner and as the orders didn’t come in as expected the mix of what they have to physical orders is out. The economy can’t be helping. Nor can the parking sensors. Nor can the competition and cars like the MG that’s something like half the price for 4/5 of what a Tesla can do, nor can electricity prices going up.. almost a perfect storm when you’re trying to sell 50k+ cars.

I’m still sure they’ll sell thousands.

It feels unusual to have so many so early in the quarter. The RWD is relatively new and perhaps they felt it would sell better, made more than they needed in their usual speculative manner and as the orders didn’t come in as expected the mix of what they have to physical orders is out. The economy can’t be helping. Nor can the parking sensors. Nor can the competition and cars like the MG that’s something like half the price for 4/5 of what a Tesla can do, nor can electricity prices going up.. almost a perfect storm when you’re trying to sell 50k+ cars.

I’m still sure they’ll sell thousands.
If it was priced closer to the Ioniq 5/EV6 RWD versions it would probably sell extremely well.

I have a RWD on order and still waiting but mine has the 20” wheels unlike those on the inventory, I must admit I am tempted to see if I can change and just get one on the inventory and save the wait and miss out on the bigger wheels.

Just as a bit of a side note to try and start an interesting debate rather than watching strictly with the mrs. What’s everyone’s opinion on the RWD variant? For me it made sense, save a fair amount of money and correct me if I’m wrong (haven’t got it yet so just going by research) the range will effectively be the same on a daily basis as the SR can be charged to 100% and the LR only to 80%, and if I’m doing a long trip I’d be having to stop for a break so the LR would be getting a charge regardless. My last 2 cars were 4 wheel drive and never made a difference so I doubt I’ll miss that part. Hopefully residuals hope up over the years.

I have a RWD on order and still waiting but mine has the 20” wheels unlike those on the inventory, I must admit I am tempted to see if I can change and just get one on the inventory and save the wait and miss out on the bigger wheels.

Just as a bit of a side note to try and start an interesting debate rather than watching strictly with the mrs. What’s everyone’s opinion on the RWD variant? For me it made sense, save a fair amount of money and correct me if I’m wrong (haven’t got it yet so just going by research) the range will effectively be the same on a daily basis as the SR can be charged to 100% and the LR only to 80%, and if I’m doing a long trip I’d be having to stop for a break so the LR would be getting a charge regardless. My last 2 cars were 4 wheel drive and never made a difference so I doubt I’ll miss that part. Hopefully residuals hope up over the years.
Nobody knows on the MY, none have been delivered here yet. The M3 RWD is quite popular though.

Reactions: Russty
Still 32 MYRWD showing in inventory! That’s not a great look for Tesla. I’m wondering if they’ll have to stick these out as Demos? Or offer them as a job lot to a lease company? Surely they won’t let them sit there on the website making it look like no one wants one??

32 isn’t many when they’ll probably sell 3k or more in the quarter. They’ll be ringing around people trying to pair them up. I’m seeing a steady stream on the telegram thing so maybe they are turning them over.

But across Europe there does seem a lot of inventory.

I kind of feel depreciation is now going to be more realistic, even on the MY.