Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd Row Cup Holders from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we really have to resort to Amazon.com here? Tesla should cough up that prototype console. They could make it a best match. Yes, throw it in the frunk, if not wanted, and a fifth has the seat. Pretty snazzy.

I agree, but it might be a while. The center console should have been available day one and it's still not out. I was thinking more of a temporary solution, for road trips, etc.

Had my 2nd row cup holders installed today. Very nice. Made of leather. They snap flat and totally out of the way or snap fully open to a decent sized fixed circumference. They can also be pulled taught around smaller circumference bottles if desired but don't snap to any other sizes except fully open.

I drove around a lot tonight with a tall water bottle in one snapped fully open. The bottle's circumference was smaller than the strap and there was a fair amount of play. Despite the loose fit and extension of the bottle far above the strap I was unable to topple the bottle despite some "spirited" driving, zippy cornering and driving over a number of rough roads.

My impression is that most but not all bottles/cups will be held upright by these. Not so sure how well these will work with small kids but they should be effective for adults even if somewhat out of the ordinary.

(Also posted on the Hawaii subforum.)