Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'22 MS features still missing in '23

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd really like to have following distance for AP on the right scroll wheel like our Y/3.

And I would really like if putting in park brought up the image of the car on the touch screen with the options to open the trunk/frunk like it does on the 3/Y. It's always annoying to have an extra press on the screen for basic functions.

I almost understand why they're not using the dead AP/FSD button to engage - too easy to hit accidentally (Although I'd say a double-tap should eliminate that problem.)

But I'll never understand why left-right on the right scroll wheel is a dead function and doesn't adjust following distance; that ticks me off to no end. I adjust follow distance as I drive pretty consistently, so this is a major PITA.

I may have missed this in the previous thread, but does anyone else have an issue that Steam won't run because the car (October 2021 in my case) only has 8GB Infotainment Ram? My understanding is that Steam is required to play some of the games that Tesla seemed to be advertising originally (Witcher has always been shown on the screen in their advertising). I just booked a service appointment and asked about upgrading and I was quoted over $3,000 CDN for the upgrade. Anyone else asked about this?

Reactions: n2mb_racing
I may have missed this in the previous thread, but does anyone else have an issue that Steam won't run because the car (October 2021 in my case) only has 8GB Infotainment Ram? My understanding is that Steam is required to play some of the games that Tesla seemed to be advertising originally (Witcher has always been shown on the screen in their advertising). I just booked a service appointment and asked about upgrading and I was quoted over $3,000 CDN for the upgrade. Anyone else asked about this?
Yes, there are other threads about this. All of the '21 and some early '22 owners are screwed on this one.

Another topic....could be wrong, but thought that the center cubby USB-C ports were for charging only.

On a whim, RTFM, and it said the cubby USB could be used for music too. I found that with the appropriate adapter, not only does that work, but also a wired X box controller!

Maybe the 2023.2.12 that broke my wireless PS5 on steam also is responsible for this improvement.