Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22 M3 LR: Lowered on H&R Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got around to getting it lowered finally. The setup is H&R springs, MPP Rear Camber Arms and MPP Skidplate. The car rides better than stock. The drop is perfect and still easily drivable (i’ve driven lowered vehicles for the better part of my life).

Wheel specs:
Rays Gramlight 57CR

Fronts
18x8.5 Et 37
235/45/R18 Michelin Primacy MXM4

Rear
18x9.5 Et 38
265/40/R18 Continental Extreme Contact Dws06 plus

Before anyone comes with the typical “you ruined it”, “what about the range” and “your battery is at risk”, I made this modification knowing the risks and knowing my level of comfortability driving a lowered car. Another reason I got the skid plate for added protection.

Efficiency is up. Im averaging 140 wh/km (225 wh/mi) over the last 1000 kms since lowering. With the same wheel and tire setup, i was averaging 160 wh/km (256 wh/mi) previously.

IMG_0972.jpeg

IMG_0973.jpeg

This forum has been quite open to modifications, probably much more so than the Tesla Model 3 Facebook pages (generally speaking, forums are still where actual car enthusiasts go to discuss, hence the increased acceptance).

There is corroborating evidence that lowering does improve efficiency, though this significant 14% increase in efficiency is probably also helped by the reduced heater usage as you come out of the Canadian winter. The two other examples I’ve seen were more like 6-8% more efficient.

All that said, car looks great!

One question: when you say rides “better,” what does that mean, and under what driving conditions and surfaces are you noticing this improvement?