Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 MYP Firewall accessibility?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks,

Wanted to reach out to see if anyone knows of a better spot for the Firewall Access on a 2023 MYP. Picked mine up in Oct and it is a fremont car. (not sure if that makes a difference)

Working on installing some air suspension and a front camera in the future. Of all the videos and threads I read there use to be an access point on the passenger side firewall. Looks like Tesla updated the stamping and its no longer there :( . Hoping someone else has another solution :) See pics for reference. I rather not try to cut the grommet with all the wires running inside on the far passenger side. (worst comes to worst I might just drill a 1" hole in the firewall and put a grommet there.) Thanks!

Previous firewall access point

OldFirwallAccess.jpg

New firewall with no access point :(
NewHirewallAccess.jpg

Mine is a '24 and it has the large (~3") grommet with two unused nipples for passthrough. Passenger side and pretty accessible. You can see it with the upper cowl removed. I snagged the pic below from the hansshow f9 install video. Mine looked very similar.

There's a nipple like the one shown in the pic and another toward the bottom of the grommet too.

On the interior there is a hole where the nipple is. Mine had a clear plastic bag sort of wadded over the interior side too as a point of reference.
firewall.jpg