Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y with CHAdeMO adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

OYOss

Jul 24, 2023
USA
My old CHAdeMO adapter works fine with my old Model S but cannot work with 2023 Model Y. I got error code CP_a046. Bought a used ChAdeMO adapter on ebay claimed it works with Model Y, Same result. Anyone know whether 2023 Model Y works with CHAdeMO adapter? Or I missed something?

Anyone know whether 2023 Model Y works with CHAdeMO adapter? Or I missed something?

I'm pretty sure that @branden has recently used the CHAdeMO adapter on his 2023 Model Y AWD. (GigaTexas 4680 version.) So that shouldn't be a problem.

It is possible that the CHAdeMO adapters need a firmware update. (Which can only be done by a Service Center with a special cable.) Though it would be weird that both of the ones you have are on old firmware.

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
I'm pretty sure that @branden has recently used the CHAdeMO adapter on his 2023 Model Y AWD. (GigaTexas 4680 version.) So that shouldn't be a problem.

It is possible that the CHAdeMO adapters need a firmware update. (Which can only be done by a Service Center with a special cable.) Though it would be weird that both of the ones you have are on old firmware.
I tried to contact Tesla service center in Dallas area, none of them has an idea of the ChAdeMO adapter..😭😭 Called Tesla virtual service, no one knows either. Will try to call service center around bay area.

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H

Right. Original CHAdeMO adapters need a firmware update for some vehicles and chargers.

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
I tried to contact Tesla service center in Dallas area, none of them has an idea of the ChAdeMO adapter..😭😭 Called Tesla virtual service, no one knows either. Will try to call service center around bay area.
You could always give them the correction code to lookup in their system 500110030:

1690844805132.png

And a link to the instructions: https://service.tesla.com/docs/Mode...UID-B678F347-A09C-4555-B27D-8CDDDE9E4E5E.html

It says it takes ~6 minutes.

Here is the first part of the instructions:
1690845033923.png