Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Performance OEM rear brake caliper cover on LR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nguyentoogood

Youtuber / Engineer
Mar 2, 2019
Sacramento
I take delivery of my model y LR this week.

I always hated the way the sliding piston look on cars. Just looks cheap. I see them on the Toyota Supra, Civic Type R etc etc (for the rears). Every aftermarket caliper cover for the Tesla i've seen so far looks too big and ugly. Anyone know if the OEM MYP rear caliper cover bolt up? I was just going to buy them and repaint them silver or another color to match the fronts.

X6lbO5LLijRg69lW.jpg

I was going to find these but apparently you cannot get them from tesla. Also, you have to drill into the top of your caliper to screw in this cover.

I bought a set of caliper covers from Tsportline and they are really amazing quality and they look the closest to the previous MYP calipers. I ended up repainting them, but if you like the red, you can just bolt them on, and they’re stronger than the cheap eBay ones. They clamp down really nicely and they cover the entire ugly rear brake.

0F00B15F-C4AD-47B6-AFA5-1AAC9F0F1EED.jpeg

6FE20A54-8BED-4E17-9702-AE401055BF8E.jpeg

EC336836-B91F-44D5-99B1-4E3E25F3D5C3.jpeg

Reactions: hyp36rmax and Du30
I was going to find these but apparently you cannot get them from tesla. Also, you have to drill into the top of your caliper to screw in this cover.

I bought a set of caliper covers from Tsportline and they are really amazing quality and they look the closest to the previous MYP calipers. I ended up repainting them, but if you like the red, you can just bolt them on, and they’re stronger than the cheap eBay ones. They clamp down really nicely and they cover the entire ugly rear brake.

View attachment 915892
View attachment 915893

View attachment 915895
Looks great! Would you mind linking the Tesla decal and the paint that you used?

View attachment 915892
View attachment 915893

View attachment 915895
Can you please post the link where you bought the Tesla decal? Didn’t the T Sportline covers come with decals that say “T Sportline”?

Here’s the exact paint I used, it’s called VHT Burnt Copper. I used gray primer underneath after sanding but if I did this again I would use a black base coat for more depth from the copper paint.

VHT SP402 Engine Metallic Burnt Copper Paint Can - 11 oz. https://a.co/d/2krYAit

Here’s the decal I used. All the other ones on eBay are too big. This is the closest match to the original TESLA size.

I then used Spraymax clear coat over everything after proper curing of the VHT paint.

USC SprayMax 2K Glamour High Gloss Aerosol Clear https://a.co/d/7lPeE84

• Informative
Reactions: YisSerL

View attachment 915892
View attachment 915893

View attachment 915895
nice choice of color...i t really stands out! btw where did you get the Tesla sticker decals?

View attachment 915892
View attachment 915893

View attachment 915895
How are the brake covers holding up? Seems like people prefer to paint them worrying the covers might cause damage. Have you had any issues? Thank you.

There is a set on AliExpress that are very similar to the tsportlines. Can also buy just the rears. Dark grey/silver also a color option. $92 + $30 ship

Attachments

• IMG_0111.png
    IMG_0111.png
    1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0112.png
    IMG_0112.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0114.png
    IMG_0114.png
    971.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0113.png
    IMG_0113.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
There is a set on AliExpress that are very similar to the tsportlines. Can also buy just the rears. Dark grey/silver also a color option. $92 + $30 ship
In the second to last pic, it looks like the eBay ones that use the thin aluminum plates to hold them together. The Tsportline ones I have are secured from the back to the front, so it literally doesn’t move. I’ve pressure washed my calipers and check them often and they are solid, no rust, and I don’t even need to tighten them. I’m picky with my stuff and these are really good quality.