Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model X DIR_a126 "Power reduced"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About 2000 miles on the car. Have exited the vehicle, powered off for 2 minutes, and generally done the basic things I found by searching.
The internet tells me this code indicates a problem with battery coolant, which is a not a user-serviceable thing. Various causes are mentioned, including malfunctioning "superbottle", rear wiring harness electrical issues, and incorrectly connected accelerator pedal.
I've set up a service appointment because the condition is not clearing itself.
It's a safety issue when the car is speed-limited in this manner.
I find myself irritated by the fact that there's an alert being displayed that is NOT in the manual, and that provides no guidance on what I should do next. Should I drive it? Not drive it? I think I'm gonna drive it.

PS Generally happy with the vehicle, in spite of a mysterious problem with falcon window on delivery that, after servicing, lead to a less mysterious but more annoying fault with a the passenger door switch, that was serviced again and finally diagnosed as a bent pin on a board.

Naturally, I have road trip scheduled 5 days from now. Let's see if this gets fixed before then.

PXL_20230521_020059253.MP.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
About 2000 miles on the car. Have exited the vehicle, powered off for 2 minutes, and generally done the basic things I found by searching.
The internet tells me this code indicates a problem with battery coolant, which is a not a user-serviceable thing. Various causes are mentioned, including malfunctioning "superbottle", rear wiring harness electrical issues, and incorrectly connected accelerator pedal.
I've set up a service appointment because the condition is not clearing itself.
It's a safety issue when the car is speed-limited in this manner.
I find myself irritated by the fact that there's an alert being displayed that is NOT in the manual, and that provides no guidance on what I should do next. Should I drive it? Not drive it? I think I'm gonna drive it.

PS Generally happy with the vehicle, in spite of a mysterious problem with falcon window on delivery that, after servicing, lead to a less mysterious but more annoying fault with a the passenger door switch, that was serviced again and finally diagnosed as a bent pin on a board.

Naturally, I have road trip scheduled 5 days from now. Let's see if this gets fixed before then.

View attachment 939678
You could go into service mode and see if there are additional service alerts (specific button) that may give more hints.

Title: How to Enable Tesla Service Mode

Thanks! Using service mode revealed additional alerts. The customer alert is DIR_a126, but the internal service alert has:

DI_a042_pmfMIA

Description: The drive interface (DI) electronic control unit (ECU) detects that the front propulsion monitor (PMF) controller area network (CAN) node is missing (MIA).

It's making sense that power is reduced under these circumstances, and the alert won't be cleared until the CAN node comes back.

Thanks! Using service mode revealed additional alerts. The customer alert is DIR_a126, but the internal service alert has: DI_a042_pmfMIA
Description: The drive interface (DI) electronic control unit (ECU) detects that the front propulsion monitor (PMF) controller area network (CAN) node is missing (MIA).
It's making sense that power is reduced under these circumstances, and the alert won't be cleared until the CAN node comes back.
You're welcome.

I'd try the 'deeper' reboot using the tire configuration at the top of this handy thread to see if communication would come back:

Reset of 'most' systems (temporarily change wheel configuration trick)
Change your wheel configuration to something not on your X (Service -> Wheel Configuration) and after it restarts the car then change it back to the original.