Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t apply until i drive to the SC and inspect the exterior. Did this with my Y and Hubby’s X. Once they confirm it’s on site i sneak over and do exterior inspection then apply. Believe nothing until you see it with your own eyes.
This is what their text just told me. I asked when the car will arrive in order for myself to stop by to do an exterior inspections fully before finalizing my loan docs.

Vehicle is expected to arrive sometime tomorrow, pending its final inspection. You will be able to view the vehicle on your delivery day. For delivery concerns, you can create a service appt using your Tesla app before driving the first 100 miles.

This is what their text just told me. I asked when the car will arrive in order for myself to stop by to do an exterior inspections fully before finalizing my loan docs.

Vehicle is expected to arrive sometime tomorrow, pending its final inspection. You will be able to view the vehicle on your delivery day. For delivery concerns, you can create a service appt using your Tesla app before driving the first 100 miles.
Believe it when you see it. My 3 was delayed 4 times and credit approval expired. After that, I always do the exterior inspection, and then apply.

My experience only, Tesla will schedule a service appointment to address your concerns, getting you to accept delivery. usually the appointment is with within a week or two. But 1 to 2 days before the scheduled appointment, they’ll reschedule you out for a month.

For those who have taken delivery, how long after delivery before the software updates? I’m on 2021.43.202 and the car is connected to Wi-Fi with advanced updates set as a preference. The app under service shows connect to Wi-Fi and the car shows that software is up to date. Also, what is the most current software version. Tried a search… but results weren’t relevant.
I took delivery on 3/2 (18 days ago) and I'm still on the old software version also. Looking forward to giving the ARNR a try once I get updated (eventually).

Reactions: Mwolfe
So I have an RN11442 ordered on January 28, 2021 and I still don’t have the car but today I got a call from Tesla asking me if I’d be willing to take a 2021 model year at a $4800 discount.
That’s a good chunk on top of the pre price increase. They said the battery had been replaced. I said but it doesn’t have new horn hardware, charging door, headlights, taillights, pre wiring for ambient lighting. He minimized all that and then was surprised I knew about of that.
I’m gonna wait. I’m not rich but I hope
to own the car a while so I want the latest greatest.

I'm surprised that the typical SA is surprised I know more about the car they are selling than they do...

Hi, I took delivery of my Tesla Model S LR (VIN 4732xx), in SF Bay Area. My EDD was in July and then all of a sudden i got a VIN and a delivery date a few days later. I wasn’t expecting the car so soon but I definitely won’t complain :) I was worried about quality issues but the car is in great shape. I saw a lot of complaints about quality so I thought I would share my mostly positive experience here to reassure some people. The only odd thing is that the car was delivered without floor/bottom covers in the trunk. It looks super weird without it so I asked the delivery person. They told me that Model S doesn’t come with trunk covers and that I would need to buy after market if I need them. I don’t think that can be true though so I filed a ticket with service.

Good for you. The SA told you a blatant lie...

Reactions: Gpa9504 and Mwolfe
Woke up to a nice pushback today.

March 17-31 pushed to April 4th-May 9

My carless 16 yo son and wife maybe more more disappointed than me.....wait nevermind, that is a complete lie. I am just in denial.

Maybe the pushback before the VIN.

If so, with my luck I will probably get a 471 VIN

On the brighter side, you miss the potential pain of a EOQ delivery.

Reactions: BruceR61
So after receiving a text 2 days ago saying Tesla plans to deliver the car in March and confirming that I want to take delivery in March, my EDD just jumped to March 29- April 14 this morning. I even called yesterday and spoke to a rep who said 95% probability I will get the car this month.

RN1153 dated July 24, blk on wht, 21, non FSD to Los Angeles.

****ing clown show for sure

Clown show is more apparent at EOQ. I hope you will miss that..

My VIN jumped out big after it was 3/14-3/28 to may-july
RN1151 location socal

Then a week later it jumped back to 3/20-4/11 and today I was assigned a VIN

NF 474

Anyone know how we can verify build date and if they have the new lights?

A competent SA can tell you the birth date and if it has the Global headlights. Almost certain it does with that VIN.

My experience only, Tesla will schedule a service appointment to address your concerns, getting you to accept delivery. usually the appointment is with within a week or two. But 1 to 2 days before the scheduled appointment, they’ll reschedule you out for a month.
How do you get them to wait for your loan to be approved? The text says I need to schedule delivery or else vehicle will be placed onto the next person waiting

What’s your vin?

Trying to see if I got the new lights. Just got a VIN assigned
474. I texted Tesla and they said “safe to assume” car will have newest headlights. I think anything after 472 are rerefresh. Will find out in a few hours for sure. Was supposed to get the car Tuesday but they said they could advance it a day and naturally I agreed. Psyched!!