Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN! Called in to see if I could schedule pickup but looks like it's a bit too early. Car was built last week and is still in Fremont. Was told I should hear something within 2-3 days.

RN1144. MSM/19/Black Interior. Date has been holding 9/2-9/15 for the past week and a half or so.

Mine was born 8/17 and is supposed to arrive in Decatur Thursday 9/2 with a delivery date of 9/3. Might give you some insight to your delivery estimates.

Oh just you wait until you get yours. Park your car in some bright sunlight to see where they missed spraying clear coat... happened to my dads M3 which I had to point out... Once you start arguing about panel gaps they will just go "well it meets our tolerances so...."
This stuff is so SAD; absolutely SHOCKING!! Several of us have asked why we let this company get away with this stuff and a common answer has been something to the effect of "it's such an awesome car". Give me a break; had I known about any of this when I thought about ordering, I would have NOT ordered regardless of how awesome it might be.

I love their response of "it's within limits". I sadly plan on an extremely thorough inspection with a longggg checklist...

Are they fixing all the issues to your satisfaction or overlook the scratch and the white thread running down the middle?
They fixed the first few fine. I was surprised they were able to fix the headlight by 5pm (I do need to check the aim). At that point I just wanted to get out of there. I didn't notice the scratch and thread until after I left - time to schedule service.

They fixed the first few fine. I was surprised they were able to fix the headlight by 5pm (I do need to check the aim). At that point I just wanted to get out of there. I didn't notice the scratch and thread until after I left - time to schedule service.
Shocking they missed (or chose to ignore) your issues at BOTH the factory and SC.

• Disagree
Reactions: WaukeshaTG
I completely agree. Looks outstanding. Well, my buyer literally just drove away in my 2017 MS75D. Hoping my Sept 8-20 EDD holds.....
Your car that you sold is the same as mine (2017 MS 75D). I haven’t put it up for sale yet cause they keep pushing my range out. It’s now Oct. 6-26. Do you mind me asking what you sold yours for?

Also I want to mention something.
They are starting to deliver batches of white Model S with black interior to various customers in the Chicago area region. I see them on the trucks on the highway when stopped because of traffic. When there was heavy traffic and saw one on the highway I can make out that only one Plaid and rest were all Long Range's.
So there is hope.

Just picked up mine. :D A few issues. They fixed door gasket, headlight pushed in, frunk not aligned. Missing trunk well cover - on order. Wood has a scratch and inside door panel cloth has a white thread going down the middle.
Proof positive that there is no rhyme or reason to Teslas delivery method or maybe there is... I ordered 4 days before, supposedly taking delivery 5 days after not that 4, 8 or 9 days out of 9 months is a long time and you have a lower VIN # MF439xxx vs mine of MF440xxx, but this might be all attributed due to the fact, I think it took me a couple days to a week to respond to the refresh and the increased $8k price and delayed delivery because I was about to be or already had turned in my AMG.

Picked it up this afternoon. Small chip in wood around cup holder. Tesla noted and mobile tech will replace entire piece after I set appointment. Otherwise, aesthetically it looks great. When adjusting settings on main screen, the screen has gone dark 5x, necessitating reboots. Definitely a software issue, but it is updating right now so hopefully that cures the issue. Otherwise, wearing the Tesla grin.

IMG_0577.jpeg

Picked it up this afternoon. Small chip in wood around cup holder. Tesla noted and mobile tech will replace entire piece after I set appointment. Otherwise, aesthetically it looks great. When adjusting settings on main screen, the screen has gone dark 5x, necessitating reboots. Definitely a software issue, but it is updating right now so hopefully that cures the issue. Otherwise, wearing the Tesla grin.

View attachment 703462
Man that red looks sharp. Congrats!

View attachment 703462
Simply elegant; congrats!! Would appreciate an update ref the screen going dark 5X. Kindly advise...

Reactions: cwanja
The first and only LR 19" I've seen get a VIN yet is @Nauvoo. He updated on the tracking spreadsheet.
Update. Took Delivery today 8/30/21 in Charlotte, NC of our 2021 Model S LR MSM/Black Interior/Ebony Wood/19" Tempest Wheels. Ordered 12/2/20, RN# RN#11424XXXX, Build is 8/2021, VIN-5YJSA1E57MF439XXX. Updated @MarcG Google Sheet for anyone trying to gauge their delivery dates.
Keeping to the objective of this thread, will share any car issues in a separate thread.
Of note on the delivery process, we have been asked to take the next 24 hours and document with as much detail as possible (including photos) and submit a Service Request through the App. Service will then work with us on resolving.
Will post in another thread dealing with issues what we have encountered. No deal breakers on delivery, the car is awesome.

View attachment 703462
Wow. Sharp. Congratulations.

Reactions: RMG007

View attachment 703462
Red looks super nice!

Reactions: RMG007
Update. Took Delivery today 8/30/21 in Charlotte, NC of our 2021 Model S LR MSM/Black Interior/Ebony Wood/19" Tempest Wheels. Ordered 12/2/20, RN# RN#11424XXXX, Build is 8/2021, VIN-5YJSA1E57MF439XXX. Updated @MarcG Google Sheet for anyone trying to gauge their delivery dates.
Keeping to the objective of this thread, will share any car issues in a separate thread.
Of note on the delivery process, we have been asked to take the next 24 hours and document with as much detail as possible (including photos) and submit a Service Request through the App. Service will then work with us on resolving.
Will post in another thread dealing with issues what we have encountered. No deal breakers on delivery, the car is awesome.
Congrats! Just for the sake of fairness, the tracking sheet is not mine - I just created the “condensed view” tab to make it easier to view all columns in one screen (tablet or laptop).

Reactions: Nauvoo
Sorry to ask, but... what is the "other thread" you are referring to? I've been reading issues posted here as I'm awaiting my pickup soon.

• Helpful
Reactions: UnicornHunter