Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 model 3 aero wheel cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that the aero wheel cover on the rear passenger wheel is missing on my 2021 Model 3 LR AWD. Not sure if it was stolen (why would just be one be stolen)? When I tried to buy a replacement on the Tesla website, it said the available options (pre-refresh and refresh) were not compatible with my car. How do I figure out the compatible ones? Appreciate any input.

I noticed that the aero wheel cover on the rear passenger wheel is missing on my 2021 Model 3 LR AWD. Not sure if it was stolen (why would just be one be stolen)? When I tried to buy a replacement on the Tesla website, it said the available options (pre-refresh and refresh) were not compatible with my car. How do I figure out the compatible ones? Appreciate any input.
It probably fell off while driving. When I first got my car I noticed some of the covers were popping off the rim at certain spots especially after highway driving. I bet you can contact your local SC to get a replacement it may even be covered under warranty. Mine were creaking and popping off in spots. I ended up using a side cutter to remove the plastic tabs on the backside of the cover near the outside edges and that fixed all that for me.

Do you have the 18" wheels? It probably said it was incompatible because a lot of LRs have the 19" sport wheels.

If you have a 2021, you likely have the "refresh" wheel cover. There are only 2 types of aero wheel covers for the 18", no third type.
2021 model 3 aero wheel cover

If you are worried it might be wrong, you can stop by at a service center and order one there (then you can do an immediate return if it does not fit).

Note you must pop the cover in fully (especially in the center) for it to be secure. The parts holding the spokes you can feel by hand. If you add some lube to the plastic parts where the center ring interfaces with your wheel hub, it goes in and out much easier.

I describe this here:
Uberturbine Aero Covers

Last edited: