Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 model s lock sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My December 2019 is the same. I think it has to be newer to have that feature (but I'd like to be proven wrong). BTW, it helps to include the month and year of manufacture when posting about your car. Tesla does not do model years like other cars so features on a Tesla made in, say, July may not be available on one made in June.

Just bought a used 2020 model s but I don't hear sound when locking the car and no options for custom lock sound?

Switching gear to drive also doesn't make any noise
It is not an official Tesla site, but one of the best for documenting change notes, and applicability to different models and variants is the notateslaapp.com site.

Here is a link to the documentation they have for the custom lock sound.

One key note you will see which I believe explains what you're seeing is the note that this feature is only released in US. So given I see you're location notes Toronto, Canada I think explains why you do not see this on your car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo5513
It is not an official Tesla site, but one of the best for documenting change notes, and applicability to different models and variants is the notateslaapp.com site.

Here is a link to the documentation they have for the custom lock sound.

One key note you will see which I believe explains what you're seeing is the note that this feature is only released in US. So given I see you're location notes Toronto, Canada I think explains why you do not see this on your car.
Thanks for the info & link!

I just tried the customized lock sound- made my own female voice from the net….man this is so fricken cool. Take that gas car owners. “Attention-security protocols have been initiated, door locks are activated. I LOVE IT and another reason to get a Tesla.