Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model S 12v power in the doors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Appreciate the response. I'm looking for info on where switched 12v might be in the door itself. Trying to add led lights that turn on and off with the car. Figured out the dash part by hooking into the cigarette lighter, that was too easy..

Go to to service.tesla.com and login using your Tesla account. There are full electrical schematics for our cars on this site. Just pulled them up yesterday. Pretty cool but hope that’s what your after.

I'm looking to add lights to the door trim and for them to come on and stay on with the car. I'm going to pray there's a door module that gets switched power in each door that I can tap into. If not... I guess I'm running extra wires to each door, from my switched power location under the dash. lol

I'm looking to add lights to the door trim and for them to come on and stay on with the car. I'm going to pray there's a door module that gets switched power in each door that I can tap into. If not... I guess I'm running extra wires to each door, from my switched power location under the dash. lol
Well the power windows work while the car is running and don't when it is off.
You can maybe check that and then find the wire that goes to the window switches.

Reactions: coco135 and EnergyS