Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Long Range Rear Wheel Drive in US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you search the new existing inventory of the model 3, hit filter, "Long Range Rear Wheel Drive" is an available filter option. That wasn't there yesterday. I know Tesla will be building Long Range Rear Wheel Drive in China. Anyone heard if this option will also be available in the US again?

They have a LR RWD used Model 3 in stock right now in my area so they need that option since the options are used for both new and used inventory.

But to answer your question, I have not heard any reliable rumors that LR RWD is going to make a comeback. But it is a very popular model, so I would not be surprised to see it come back some time this year.

A poster here that identifies as a tesla insider posted a while back that the RWD might make a re appearance "in the spring". If that was a trim I wanted, I would hang on "till the spring" to see if it makes a comeback here (of course, the beginning of spring is right around the corner, but there was no guarantee that it was the beginning of spring... or any guarantee at all actually.

They have a LR RWD used Model 3 in stock right now in my area so they need that option since the options are used for both new and used inventory.

But to answer your question, I have not heard any reliable rumors that LR RWD is going to make a comeback. But it is a very popular model, so I would not be surprised to see it come back some time this year.

Gigagrunt mentioned it in a post a while back when this topic came up.

Don't there is a possible 100 kWh Model 3 version, with 400 miles range, in the near future (2021)?

So there could be now room for an LR+ RWD (75 kWh) beside the SR+ RWD (50 kWh)

And only XLR (Extra LR) AWD (100 kWh) and XP (Extra) Performance (100 kWh)

Or they just replace the SR+ RWD (50 kWh) with the LR+ RWD (75 kWh)?

So there would be room for a new compact city car Tesla Model 2 (50 kWh)

Last edited: