Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my M3P on Monday and I'm still on 2019.31.104, anyway to get this updated without having to visit the service centre?

I would encourage you to book that service appointment and get them to push the update, enough people including myself, needed some sort of manual intervention to get that first update rolling to make that a reasonable course of action.

So my M3 updated last night as I set it to do so about 10 pm but was showing the "Updating finishing" screen with the update progress bar almost at the end when I got into the car this morning. It must have been stuck in this mode all night.

Soft reset did not work, the screen remained black. Hard reset got it to reboot. I got the message that the update had failed and that I should wait for a new update. However, checking the software version showed 2020.4.1. Wanted to share my experience in case anyone else found themselves in the same position.
Mine did something similar last night (hung for hours on a nearly done status bar then reverted to "software is up to date") but then later on, after being left with WiFi access for a while, told me on the app it was ready to install.

I can't prove it's due to this update but I must say my autopilot was as poor today as I've experienced it in my 6 months of ownership. And I'm usually a supporter of it. In a 3.5 hour drive this evening it exhibited pretty much all of the issues folk commonly complain about. Multiple incidences of phantom braking, almost constant left fender camera blocked or blinded and therefore no lane change, despite 3x cleaning the cameras (which weren't dirty or misted up) and some quite skittish wobbling within the lane at times, plus the obligatory choosing the right on a splitting lane. There was a bit of light rain occasionally, but mostly not, and dark of course. So on the rather limited basis of one man's experience for one day, I wouldn't recommend installing it!

In a spirit of fairness I thought I should report I did the same 200 mile journey again last night and AP was much better. Back to recent normal at least. Also in the dark, still a little bit of rain although probably a bit better road/rain/vis conditions than Sunday. On that basis I don't think this update has worsened AP.

(now on 2020.4.1, so one mini update on)

I would encourage you to book that service appointment and get them to push the update, enough people including myself, needed some sort of manual intervention to get that first update rolling to make that a reasonable course of action.

Mine did something similar last night (hung for hours on a nearly done status bar then reverted to "software is up to date") but then later on, after being left with WiFi access for a while, told me on the app it was ready to install.

Make sure you have full bars on the Wifi otherwise the download may just get stuck, I find using a phone hot spot the best option if Wifi signal isn't high enough.

After reasonably quick download, its been stuck on downloading 2020.4.1 (100%) for over hour and half. Not seen it take that long or how much more time to give it.

Work around seems to be to book a service appt but as I already have one, I cant book another.

UK car manufacturing is struggling because of Brexit uncertainty and now tariff / regulatory uncertainty. EU is an important market for the UK to export cars to. IMO Regulatory alignment around vehicle standards is a choice the UK will make to protect exports. Car manufacturers also want alignment to avoid having to test cars to different standards. So I think cars themselves will be the same but adopting different driving rules...maybe.

Any SR+ owners on here updated and Installed 2020.40.1 yet, just wondering before I do it do you still have full internet access (YouTube etc) and satellite maps etc or do we lose any of that in this update?

Thanks