Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not easy for the legacy OEMs to transition to electrification. The innovators dilemma is a real struggle. Daimler finally woke up imo. It's not going ron easy, but I think their top leadership understands it.

Microsoft, in the 90s, was viewed as the evil empire with a monopoly of computer os. Their brand took a hit and isn't still recovering imo. I don't want that to happen to Tesla.
Tesla builds amazing products and encourages competition to benefit everyone and advance the plan. That will always be its superiority. Microsoft created tolerable products and in later years complete dreck and used monopoly to eliminate all competition. Tesla will never be Microsoft.

can't generalize, everyone different. I have retired with tesla earnings. Over 20 mil in profit with a few in cash now. Very relaxed, enjoying like and wished I did it earlier. I enjoyed medical career worked myself to near death was good at it but even better at retirement
I'll probably work until I reach an investable portfolio of $500 with an extra $50 set aside to draw interest
It might change we'll see
10.5 more years before I turn 60 whichever comes first
I did however cut down from working 7 days a week to only 5 since last month and seems like a vacation
Medical profession is basically a non scalable profession and it does wear you down a bit

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: everman and neroden
You clearly have not started a business if you think it's all passion and romance.
I have started several businesses, some more successful than others, and each one was all about passion and romance, otherwise I would have gone crazy! And I am still alive today to tell the story and very comfortable in my retirement.

Apparently so, and on the Market Action thread no less.

That's OK
I made plenty of money
Watching TSLA go up is entertainment enough
I also took a shot selling some calls @ 385 for next Friday
If they execute, I hit a new ATH
If they don't, I pocket the dividend and keep my shares
In four years, I never rooted for TSLA to not go up
So NK did me a favor (maybe) by launching a missle
But they may need to do a few more tests before next Friday
There will be opportunities for more cat fights in the future

I have been heavily influenced by the book, "The Millionaire Next Door."
I like nice things for sure, but it's really not the material items that give you happiness. On the flip side, not having to worry about paying your mortgage sure takes a lot of stress off. Finish retirement home, put 10kW of solar and 200kWh of storage, get some goats, and work on music... That's about all I need. (I can settle with my 2x Model 3s, assuming I get AWD versions for the dirt road to the place.)

I'll probably work until I reach an investable portfolio of $500 with an extra $50 set aside to draw interest
It might change we'll see
10.5 more years before I turn 60 whichever comes first

If your goal is to have financial freedom (not about private jets), $50~$100 should be enough. Put all of it into a broad index, you will get 2% dividend per year. That's 1~2 m income a year.

Reactions: TrendTrader007
Nothing takes the place of steady income. If you quit your job, you'll discover areas of psychology that you didn't know existed.
I've been retired for eight years now. I find that swing trading takes the place of a "steady income" quite nicely. I'll likely pay more in taxes this year than I ever earned in a year of programming. Think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.