Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla is now more valuable than Ford because it’s no longer just a car company

To sum it up, shorts are "roadkill".
Tesla no longer a car company.

If we move past 300 tomorrow, my guess is that it'll attract even more shorts, followed by strings of good news, moving the stock up even higher forcing more shorts to cover. It's game on as of yesterday. Anyone heard from @myusername?
HA!

I keep seeing references to me... thanks for caring :)...

btw... there's nothing to see here... just a simple move back to yet another trendline that can be seen in the 20 day:

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 4.20.34 AM.png

then the 6 mo:

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 4.20.58 AM.png

sorry... this stock remains ridiculous... and played... "Tesla isn't just an Auto Company!"... "but they delivered 25k cars!"... "they just delivered 50MWh!"... "TSLA always goes up on cap raise!"...

just stop reading the "news"... it's got nothing to do with anything... Tesla the company and TSLA the stock have nothing to do with each other.

and yes... $320+ appears to be "their" target... but this is already complete madness. it could collapse at any point.

just stop reading the "news"... it's got nothing to do with anything... Tesla the company and TSLA the stock have nothing to do with each other.
I agree this isn't driven by news. This is driven by sentiment. At least some large players are waking up to the potential of Tesla (Tencent).

Maybe the trend you see is Tencents strategy for buying up 10-15-20% of TSLA? Combined with a high short interest, that's a quite explosive mix.

• Helpful
Reactions: neroden and EinSV
View attachment 217848
bear trap?... markets look like crap... oil plunging as expected... rates rising... tsla searching for cash... bullish analysts predicting paltry M3 outputs which is totally confusing... it either bounces here or plummets.

funny thing is... it's currently trading within 1% of the Aug 2015 cap raise after essentially a replica setup.

Wait, what happened to this "trend"line?

Protip: Just because you can draw random lines with MS paint, does not make it a "trend". Nor does it mean the world is out to manipulate the stock whenever it is up. Occam's razor - maybe people just want to buy it?

Wait, what happened to this "trend"line?

Protip: Just because you can draw random lines with MS paint, does not make it a "trend". Nor does it mean the world is out to manipulate the stock whenever it is up. Occam's razor - maybe people just want to buy it?
what?... you just replied to a message where I described an *exact* 3 month match to a previous pattern from over a year prior... that only solidifies my point... and notice... I said: "it either bounces here or plummets."... well it bounced... and here it is... snapping to the line...

these "random" lines you speak of in your "Protip" -- well, we were predicting $10 moves with between 2 session and 2 hour (yes within hours of the move) accuracy because they were so predictable... explain that to me with another Protip please.

what?... you just replied to a message where I described an *exact* 3 month match to a previous pattern from over a year prior... that only solidifies my point... and notice... I said: "it either bounces here or plummets."... well it bounced... and here it is... snapping to the line...

I was replying to the random "downtrend" line in that post. Just because something has been going up or down for a few days does not make it a trend. (which implies a continuation of that move)
these "random" lines you speak of in your "Protip" -- well, we were predicting $10 moves with between 2 session and 2 hour (yes within hours of the move) accuracy because they were so predictable... explain that to me with another Protip please.

Sure. If predicting $10 moves within hours accuracy for you was at all replicable in the long run with any respectable position size, you would be sitting next to Tudor Jones and Tepper right now. Not to say at all that patterns and trends do not exist in the market, in fact I base all my entries on technicals - just that your "trend"lines suck and have little to no predictive value.

Also,

Protip: saying a stock will "either bounce here or plummets" is pretty useless and can be applied to almost any random day. For instance, I assure you that TSLA will either be up or down today.

I was replying to the random "downtrend" line in that post. Just because something has been going up or down for a few days does not make it a trend. (which implies a continuation of that move)

Sure. If predicting $10 moves within hours accuracy for you was at all replicable in the long run with any respectable position size, you would be sitting next to Tudor Jones and Tepper right now. Not to say at all that patterns and trends do not exist in the market, in fact I base all my entries on technicals - just that your "trend"lines suck and have little to no predictive value.

Also,

Protip: saying a stock will "either bounce here or plummets" is pretty useless and can be applied to almost any random day. For instance, I assure you that TSLA will either be up or down today.
not arguing with you anymore... nothing to gain from it. please don't reply to me further... don't like the message, don't read it.

• Funny
Reactions: DrJohnM and Yuri_G
No problem, didn't really mean to reply to you. Was just pointing it out so that others who are less familiar with technicals don't get duped.
Exactly. I've studied many books on technical trading and myusername is distorting info here. Something he tends to do when tesla goes on a run. Question isn't what he's posting - question is why???

No problem, didn't really mean to reply to you. Was just pointing it out so that others who are less familiar with technicals don't get duped.
i challenge you to the exercise of drawing this chart yourself... it's simply a 20 day 2 hour chart... what you will notice is that the price is currently pinned exactly on the line... which is a line that I did not draw today... i drew it early last week.

Exactly. I've studied many books on technical trading and myusername is distorting info here. Something he tends to do when tesla goes on a run. Question isn't what he's posting - question is why???
except... I called for $280 at $195... rode it long until $280... where I then called for a drop... which it then dropped to $242... and then I said: "it either bounces or drops here"... meaning it wasn't sticking around $240... i'm fundamentally short this stock... but have no problem going long for short periods of time and also expressing that opinion... you are on the most bias Tesla forum... 99% longs here. it is not me that has a distorted view.

Reactions: dhrivnak
i'm fundamentally short this stock... but have no problem going long for short periods of time and also expressing that opinion... you are on the most bias Tesla forum... 99% longs here. it is not me that has a distorted view.

(1) Complaing that this forum is biased is like complaining that members of NASIOC like Subaru WRX. This is TMC, what did you expect?

(2) Everyone has a distorted view.

(2) Everyone has a distorted view.
Agreed. I've always believed reality is an hallucination which is socially acceptable. Then I learned sociologists consider it a social construction. Explains a lot of politics--perhaps a lot of discourse everywhere. Nature has more possibilities than we know but it is consistent. Mar Al Lago will eventually be a new Atlantis.

Status
Not open for further replies.