Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the benefit of all the info gleaned over last couple of days and the benefit of information that Tesla didn't release the number yet, I turned quite bearish at this point. In-fact I sold a quite significant number of shares pre-market.

I think the VIN count is very misleading this time around. There is quite a lot of info here on TMC to say that Tesla built cars without pre-orders on them and sent them down as "inventory", with the hope that people walking into the stores will buy on the spot (similar to car dealerships). Nobody knows if a VIN results in a sale or not at this point.
I hear you, which is why I'm not predicting 34k deliveries (last Q4 they delivered about 3000-4000 more cars than VINs issued). I know they have a big backlog (and thus assigned many VINs this quarter), but I can't see deliveries being under say 24k. I do not agree on the inventory issue. For inventory to be an issue I think we'd see thousands for sale and SCs overflowing, neither of which I've seen. They have to go somewhere and Tesla stores don't really have big lots for the most part. I agree it's harder to predict this quarter but that doesn't make me automatically go bearish--I'm of the belief that they had no issue selling inventory given that they didn't offer sales and in fact increased delivery fees. That's not the play if you can't move product.

With the benefit of all the info gleaned over last couple of days and the benefit of information that Tesla didn't release the number yet, I turned quite bearish at this point. In-fact I sold a quite significant number of shares pre-market.

I think the VIN count is very misleading this time around. There is quite a lot of info here on TMC to say that Tesla built cars without pre-orders on them and sent them down as "inventory", with the hope that people walking into the stores will buy on the spot (similar to car dealerships). Nobody knows if a VIN results in a sale or not at this point.

No comment.

Everyone should tweet Trump back, "Wouldn't it be great if AMERICAN MADE cars could be sold in AMERICA #Tesla Michigan, Missouri, Texas.....". If we tweet enough, maybe we could raise some awareness in the administration. Worth a shot.
You could also send him this...

@realDonaldTrump bizjournals.com/kansascity/new… Gov't regulation costing US company jobs....#sad

You could also send him this...

@realDonaldTrump bizjournals.com/kansascity/new… Gov't regulation costing US company jobs....#sad

I cringe at the possibility of Trump ever mentioning Tesla. It would either be to attack it (no reason of course), or to take credit for its success.

An American company building world's biggest battery factory in the US. This is how we beat China. Thanks Donald! #MAGA

Ugh!

Reactions: tinm
Trading as if insider information has been leaked.

Certainly looks like someone knows something. Alternatively, we are just doing our usual high beta correlation to NASDAQs 1%+ gain

Folks please get in the habit of asking yourself: "Hmm, is TSLA doing something interesting today or is it the market?" Check QQQ, F and GM. All up sharply. This is not news based.

Edit: as @racer26 said.

Status
Not open for further replies.