Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Mt. Washington Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, skboston, thanks for all the pics and detailed story -- I felt like I was reading a suspense novel!

BTW, how did you get those pics of you and your car on the way down the hill?

The entire event looked like a blast --what fun!! I may consider going to do that next year. I've climbed Mt. Washington before -- both in a car and on foot. It would be fun to do it in the MS, too.

About license plates, I lived in MA for 17 years and when the white/red plates came out, I didn't mount the front plate on my cars, since I hated the look. I never had a problem with getting a ticket. Same thing now in CT. Also, you said:

They didn't even looked at mine, just hooked it up to the station and applied the sticker.

Did they actually plug into the OBD port on the tesla? Because there's nothing there except +12V and ground. I'd be surprised if it picked up anything. We're lucky down here in CT.. the only "inspections" here are for emissions (using the OBD port), and since the MS is an EV, I never have to take the car in for any inspections, ever!

Wow... just poking around the Mt. Washington area, I'm surprised that the Google Maps Street View car hasn't driving up and mapped the Mt. Washington Auto Road. I wonder after all this time, they've never done that. Is it private property or some other stipulation? That would be really cool to "drive" the Auto Road on Google Maps Street View.

I think that driver was Tim O'Neil? He is a very good rally driver, and runs a rally school west of Mt Washington in Dalton, NH:
Team ONeil | Welcome to Team O'Neil

Yes, it was Tim O'Neil!

The pictures were taken by a friend of mine, there wasn't much traffic of cars, so there was the opportunity to stop for a prolonged period of time to take the shots. I wish I was better prepared for the cold weather, no gloves really made a significant impact on my photo taking capabilities, I rush into things when I'm freezing :)

I'm glad you liked the photos from the event, it was a blast for sure and I can't wait for the next one, as soon as Ted announces the dates. I hope I could go back before the road closes for the year again in a better weather to take some more fall shots.