Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S P85 (needs HV battery), 82k miles, 7 seats, unlimited supercharging - For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2012 Model S P85 for sale that has a handful of BMS service required errors. Tesla reviewed the errors and quoted $13.5k for a new HV battery replacement. The EMMC recall was just done and as the car has a MCU_w007 error and a couple of bubbles on the screen since I picked it up from Peabody. I was working with the service center to bring the car in to correct those issues when the BMS error was thrown. The car won't currently drive, but is in tow mode and can be moved for transport.

2012 Model S P85 (Silver)
- 82k miles
- Air Suspension
- 7 Seats (2 rear facing jump-seats)
- MCU1
- Unlimited supercharging

The car is currently garaged and located in Maine. Looking to get $7k OBO for the car as-is.

I have a 2012 Model S P85 for sale that has a handful of BMS service required errors. Tesla reviewed the errors and quoted $13.5k for a new HV battery replacement. The EMMC recall was just done and as the car has a MCU_w007 error and a couple of bubbles on the screen since I picked it up from Peabody. I was working with the service center to bring the car in to correct those issues when the BMS error was thrown. The car won't currently drive, but is in tow mode and can be moved for transport.

- 82k miles
- Air Suspension
- MCU1

The car is currently garaged and located in Maine. Looking to get $7k OBO for the car as-is.

Here are a couple of quick photos....the front cover is off to allow easy access to the 12v jumper so that the windows/doors can be used. I'd normally clean it up and wash it but haven't had the chance with all our snow and cold weather.

Attachments

• IMG_1666.jpg
    IMG_1666.jpg
    548.2 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1662.jpg
    IMG_1662.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1667.jpg
    IMG_1667.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1668.jpg
    IMG_1668.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 136

- 82k miles
- Air Suspension
- MCU1

What were the specifics of the battery failure? Did they say What specifically failed?

What were the specifics of the battery failure? Did they say What specifically failed?
Error codes were: GTW_w018, DI_u014, BMS_f107, BMS_u008, BMS_w107. The car was parked in our garage when it started to throw the error codes. It won’t drive or take a charge and we live about 2 hours from the nearest service center.

We sent the error codes along to the service center and they confirmed it was the high voltage battery without us having it towed in. We have a new EV on order for our family already, so investing in the battery replacement on this one just isn’t in the cards for us right now.

Reactions: islandbayy
My 2014 85 MS was in SC for other repairs unrelated to HV when I got BMS errors the morning of the SC appointment. Once it arrived at SC, it would not charge and they gave me an HV batter replacement quote.
Get a quote from www.057Tech.com and www.ReCell-EV.com both are Extremely reputable, and both will do a repair or replacement pack for a fraction the cost of Tesla, even factoring in vehicle shipping.