Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20" Wheel Fitment and Setups

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Decided to stick with the stock 19s until next year.
View attachment 947529

I don't know if it's a Canadian issue or a global issue, but I was having a hard time finidng the type of wheels and tires (All-Seasons which are EV rated) in the size I wanted. Either no one had the tires/sizes or they have to get it custom ordered/made which were costing way more than what I wanted to spend.

I figured I will wait till next year when maybe more options become available for the S.

Not running 20s, but I'm on 21s here in Canada. Definitely a bit of a limited selection of tires, but I ended up speaking with Continental Canada (one of my work partners) and they got me into a set of ContiSportContact 5P. Proper load rating for our heavy cars, and they have this sound insulating foam on the inside of their tires that specifically reduce road noise. Great for EVs since we don't have any engine noise when driving, so everything else is very noticeable.

Highly recommended 👌

Reactions: rraj2k81
Not running 20s, but I'm on 21s here in Canada. Definitely a bit of a limited selection of tires, but I ended up speaking with Continental Canada (one of my work partners) and they got me into a set of ContiSportContact 5P. Proper load rating for our heavy cars, and they have this sound insulating foam on the inside of their tires that specifically reduce road noise. Great for EVs since we don't have any engine noise when driving, so everything else is very noticeable.

Highly recommended 👌
Thanks for the recommendation.

Curious did Continental get you the size you needed through your work partners or they have these as standard offering, because I could not find any 20 or 21s for those 5Ps ?

Thanks for the recommendation.

Curious did Continental get you the size you needed through your work partners or they have these as standard offering, because I could not find any 20 or 21s for those 5Ps ?
I went through their price list so I can't share that, but on their website you should be able to find the size you need. The load ratings needed for the Model S is 98 I believe, and their 245/40/20 shows 99Y.

See if you can find the size you need here, by scrolling down:

If it's there, any dealer (i.e. tire shops) should be able to get them for you as long as they carry Continentals. You can also try Tire Rack as well.

I'm running 245/35/21 and 285/30/21 at the moment with these tires

Reactions: rraj2k81
I went through their price list so I can't share that, but on their website you should be able to find the size you need. The load ratings needed for the Model S is 98 I believe, and their 245/40/20 shows 99Y.

See if you can find the size you need here, by scrolling down:

If it's there, any dealer (i.e. tire shops) should be able to get them for you as long as they carry Continentals. You can also try Tire Rack as well.

I'm running 245/35/21 and 285/30/21 at the moment with these tires
Thanks. Wasn't able to get to that page. Checked a couple of shops and no one is carrying it or will require special order. I am going to stick to the stock tires and consider 20s for next year, hopefully there is more inventory and options.

How is the noise and efficiency of these tires ?

Thanks. Wasn't able to get to that page. Checked a couple of shops and no one is carrying it or will require special order. I am going to stick to the stock tires and consider 20s for next year, hopefully there is more inventory and options.

How is the noise and efficiency of these tires ?
My car had 19" Nokians on it when I bought it used. Extremely surprised, but the 21" Continentals are quieter and the compound actually feels comfier than the 19". Everything about how good it feels contradicts what I know about cars (smaller diameter wheel, taller tire is usually comfier and quieter lol).

My car had 19" Nokians on it when I bought it used. Extremely surprised, but the 21" Continentals are quieter and the compound actually feels comfier than the 19". Everything about how good it feels contradicts what I know about cars (smaller diameter wheel, taller tire is usually comfier and quieter lol).
Lol. That's good to know. Will definitely consider these when the time comes to swap. Thanks.

I'm about to put 20" square setup.
9.5" narrows, 10.5" wide (for front, where 9.5 is by design). So for me right choice looks as 20"x10".
The question I have is what is the right ET for such setup ? Do I need spacers for rears ?

BC Forged RS43 -20x9.5 / 20x10.5 on Plaid S.
pxl_20231130_182857727-jpg.995193
pxl_20231130_175119030-jpg.995196

-Danny

Reactions: dn325ci