Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20" Model 3 wheels/tire/tpms set near Seattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ChadS

Last tank of gas: March 2009
Jul 16, 2009
Redmond, WA
Tesla 20" Model 3 wheels and tires for sale. Complete set just pulled off my car as the factory installed them, including TPMS.

IMG_20181206_163327.jpg

These are from a P3D+ - that is, a Performance model with the Performance Brake upgrade - so they will fit any Model 3. (It doesn't go the other way; not all Model 3 wheels fit the P3D+). These have 400 miles on them. The wheels look brand new. The tires obviously have some wear, but very little.

20181107_143811_HDR.jpg

The tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S "Max Performance Summer", size 235/35R20. Fantastic tire; here is a Tire Rack test (https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=223) and consumer reviews (https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?clearSize=true&type=MP&VT=).

Tesla sells a nearly identical set in their online store - same wheel design and size, and same tires. But Tesla's offering do not have the lip machined out around the hub, so they won't fit the P3D+. Tesla charges $4,000, though that includes installation. I am asking $2485, but will consider offers. I would obviously like to sell locally if possible, but will consider shipping if that doesn't seem to be happening.

IMG_20181206_163412.jpg

Perhaps I should clarify - I am happy to listen to offers, but if they are under $2,000, I am going to keep them - Right Away Tire can store them for a fee, or my Dad has room in his garage.

Danlauz, I will consider your offer, but since it's both at the low end and requires shipping, if you don't mind I'm going to wait a bit and see what else I get. I guess this isn't the best time to sell summer tires; maybe I should just put them in my Dad's garage until Spring...

Perhaps I should clarify - I am happy to listen to offers, but if they are under $2,000, I am going to keep them - Right Away Tire can store them for a fee, or my Dad has room in his garage.

Danlauz, I will consider your offer, but since it's both at the low end and requires shipping, if you don't mind I'm going to wait a bit and see what else I get. I guess this isn't the best time to sell summer tires; maybe I should just put them in my Dad's garage until Spring...

What is your zipcode ?

Back on the market, for $1,900.

I'm glad I kept them last year - in early April I cracked one of my winter rims, so it was great to have this set to put back on the car while I arranged for a replacement. I used this set for the summer; though not much. We took two road trips, but both were in my wife's X, so my car just sat around a lot.

The winter tires (which are basically all-seasons; I can run them all year) are back on, and the summer tires on the 20" wheels are clean and on a shelf in the garage. The wheels have not had any rash or anything; they still look brand new except for an extremely tiny nick (it doesn't even go through the paint) right next to the center cap on one of them - I assume a tool hit it while the wheels were being removed. Close-up below.

The tires obviously have more wear now. But they still have about 3/4 of their tread left, or what looks to be a little over 6mm. They have never had any damage or patches. Wear is even; it is the same on all four times, and on inside and outside treads.

I would much rather sell locally; I shipped a set years ago and finding appropriate boxes was a real pain. Current pictures:

PileOfTires.jpg

Tire1.jpg
Tire2.jpg
Tire3.jpg
Tire4.jpg
TreadDepth.jpg
Nick.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks; that could work. If I still have them in the Spring (entirely possible, I don't plan to push hard to get rid of them - I like having a backup set and enjoyed using them this summer) I will be happy to discuss.