Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Newbie Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings. I have had my Model X (with FSD) for almost a month and have 2 questions hopefully someone can answer:

1. Perpendicular autopark. I have seen numerous videos where people show this feature, but I have yet to see it as an option on my Model X when I am in a parking lot. I am meeting the requirements as far as I know: driving less than 8 mph, 3 visible boundaries on the parking spot, car has passed the spot and so can reverse in. What I see in the videos is that screen is showing what the car perceives as parking spots, but I am not seeing anything similar on my vehicle.

2. Mirror autofold. I have this enabled for my home location because we will need the space in the driveway once the car is parked. But what ends up happening is the mirrors fold in when I need them in order to back into my driveway. So, I have to put the car in reverse, unfold the mirrors, and then proceed to back up. Is there an option where I can have the mirrors autofold once the car is in park, but not before?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Greetings. I have had my Model X (with FSD) for almost a month and have 2 questions hopefully someone can answer:

1. Perpendicular autopark. I have seen numerous videos where people show this feature, but I have yet to see it as an option on my Model X when I am in a parking lot. I am meeting the requirements as far as I know: driving less than 8 mph, 3 visible boundaries on the parking spot, car has passed the spot and so can reverse in. What I see in the videos is that screen is showing what the car perceives as parking spots, but I am not seeing anything similar on my vehicle.
You have been watching old Tesla cars that still have USS (sonars).

Tesla started to stop placing USS on Tesla cars 2 years ago and promised that the function would come back soon in the form of a more perfect vision.

2. Mirror autofold. I have this enabled for my home location because we will need the space in the driveway once the car is parked. But what ends up happening is the mirrors fold in when I need them in order to back into my driveway. So, I have to put the car in reverse, unfold the mirrors, and then proceed to back up. Is there an option where I can have the mirrors autofold once the car is in park, but not before?

I guess it wants to prioritize those with very small width garage.

Since you have a wider garage that can accommodate extending mirrors, you might just skip the folding feature.

If you haven’t already.

When in reverse swipe up on the backup camera and the two front fender cameras will appear. Use those in place of your mirrors.

Reactions: csrpenfab