Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone planning to Test Drive?

Anyone planning to Test Drive?

Without a test drive location in New England, anyone planning to travel to New York or elsewhere for this cycle of test drives?

Definitely making the 4.5 to 5 hour drive from NH for an opportunity to drive the car. I am content waiting until delivery, but my wife is determined to have a little more hands on before handing over the money. Hope the location gets anounced soon and it is not actually in NYC. Monticello would be nice.

Monticello Motor Club

Blog Entries
    I might -- though the test drive dates for NYC are likely within 1-2 weeks of my delivery. My reason for going would be more about seeing other configurations and hanging out with Tesla staff
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Considering it, but I'm up in Maine for the summer, more or less, and that's >6 hours to White Plains (where I'm assuming the test drives will be). Now that my wife is using constructs like, "When is the Tesla coming?" rather than "If you get the Tesla, ...", I think I'll just bother @cinergi for a spin in his.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert.Boston View Post
    Considering it, but I'm up in Maine for the summer, more or less, and that's >6 hours to White Plains (where I'm assuming the test drives will be). Now that my wife is using constructs like, "When is the Tesla coming?" rather than "If you get the Tesla, ...", I think I'll just bother @cinergi for a spin in his.
    You and and lots of others around me, I'm sure! And I'm more than happy to oblige!
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Robert.Boston View Post
    Now that my wife is using constructs like, "When is the Tesla coming?" rather than "If you get the Tesla, ..."
    Okay, I've got to get my wife to that point!
    Fortunately our test drive location is only 15 minutes from where we live. One of the first ones on the wait list.

I put my deposit in today, so I can test drive the Model S in 3 weeks in NY. I was quoted an estimated delivery of "Spring 2013", which is fine since I recently bought a 2012 Plug in Prius. The 12-15 mile EV range is such a tease , though i am getting excellent MPG. I passed on my Leaf order, need a "single car" solution, 73 mile ideal highway range didn't cut it, especially in New England (heater use, horrible traffic & weather)

Mitch

P.S. awaiting the email from Tesla hoping there are some test drive slots still open
    Last edited by mitch672; 2012-07-05 at 06:46 PM. Reason: correct typo

Roadster 1305
    We are test driving in Gaithersburg, MD next weekend. We had already planned a trip to see the O's play a couple of games and then the offer to test drive nearby came out yesterday. It will be great to drive the car before our supposed delivery in August!

Quote Originally Posted by ViperDoc View Post
    We are test driving in Gaithersburg, MD next weekend. We had already planned a trip to see the O's play a couple of games and then the offer to test drive nearby came out yesterday. It will be great to drive the car before our supposed delivery in August!
    I am looking forward to your impressions especially since you are a seasoned roadster owner. One would hope you would get your delivery in or before August if there is any chance Tesla is going to meet its 5000 car delivery goal for 2012.

Roadster 1305
    I think August is realistic. They said they sent our order to the factor a week or 2 ago (held up due to changes when some trim offerings were no longer available). I will let you know. We are SS#64, so you'd think it would be August or September at the latest.

Thread Information