Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Parking Violation Notice Sample

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've gotten sick of being ICE'd at EV Charging Stations in Illinois and decided to create a parking violation notice to put on the car's windshield. I'm not a lawyer, but am guessing that this should be perfectly legal as I am only notifying the driver that they have violated Illinois law. Interested in your feedback.

Link to PDF File of notice: http://1drv.ms/1psDzV9

Parking Violation.JPG

That is certainly an option that I exercise on occasion, but it takes time and assumes that the busy police departments even gives a darn. I most cases, especially in a private parking garage, I doubt they even do anything. I believe this a powerful message that would likely prevent that person from parking there again.

That is certainly an option that I exercise on occasion, but it takes time and assumes that the busy police departments even gives a darn. I most cases, especially in a private parking garage, I doubt they even do anything. I believe this a powerful message that would likely prevent that person from parking there again.

long term airport ICEing is one that gets my goat, doubly so when there's so few spaces. Friday at SeaTac airport:
image.jpeg

I'm usually pretty relaxed about ICE'ing drivers and give the benefit of the doubt, though this makes me wonder if more pointed messages are required for WA state drivers ;)

Ok, being from WA, I did a little digging and created this softer version. Thoughts?

Parking Violation Notification

Per Washington State law RCW 46.08.185 (2): “It is a parking infraction, with a monetary penalty of one hundred twenty-four dollars, for any person to park a vehicle in an electric vehicle charging station provided on public or private property if the vehicle is not connected to the charging equipment.”. In addition, your vehicle may be towed at your expense.

These charging stations are a critical component of fueling electric vehicles and their locations are carefully considered to minimize disruption to their use. Your future help respecting their clearly signed locations is appreciated.

For more information please refer to: RCW 46.08.185: Electric vehicle charging stations—Signage—Penalty.