Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 31 guest list personally "selected by Elon" according to my sales rep in L.A.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is interesting - I've ordered two Teslas, live in L.A., and cannot get a ticket to the Model 3 unveiling March 31 in my own town. I'm not upset - don't misread the post. But getting "denied" only makes me think more than ever that something is up - something big is going to be revealed that we haven't heard of yet.

Autopilot 2.0 hardware perhaps?

OR - perhaps Elon simply wants to make sure no cranky types like that journalist who got "banned" from buying a Tesla show up to his party?

Either way - this exclusivity is certainly a shift from 2014 when I easily got into the D event having not even ordered a Tesla yet!

I sent an e-mail to my sales rep last night asking for a couple tickets. This is the response I got today:

"Hey ____,

I am afraid I have no way of getting you tickets to this event. From what I was told, it will be a small group of people selected by Elon and his immediate team.

Sincerely,

_____ "

Maybe they've learned from past events - parking situation in Hawthorne - the thousands kept waiting at the X event...keep it small and so manageable - so that it goes well overall. Everyone else can watch the stream.

Bought 7? That all? I've personally bought 52 Model S's, 17 Roadsters, and one Toyota RAV. I've shined the nose cone on two Falcon 9 rockets, and personally served Elon a lobster dinner with all the trimmings after having his black suede jacket drycleaned.

Did I get an invite? Oohhh nooo. I hear one has to buy at least 100 Model S's and own at least $10 million in TSLA to get an invite. But who knows.

There's always YouTube. Just tune in two hours late, that oughta be just about when the event starts

:)

Bought 7? That all? I've personally bought 52 Model S's, 17 Roadsters, and one Toyota RAV. I've shined the nose cone on two Falcon 9 rockets, and personally served Elon a lobster dinner with all the trimmings after having his black suede jacket drycleaned.

Did I get an invite? Oohhh nooo. I hear one has to buy at least 100 Model S's and own at least $10 million in TSLA to get an invite. But who knows.

There's always YouTube. Just tune in two hours late, that oughta be just about when the event starts

:)

Haha!! Like Kristin Wiig'S Penelope on SNL

EM, I can't make it. I have to be in line at the Devon, PA store to reserve a couple model3s and that makes the logistics of getting to Cali in time for the event difficult.:wink:

You have bought two, I have bought 7 (5 actually from Tesla) and I really want to go and didn't get an invite. So I can hear your tiny violin.

No invite for me either:
Roadster 2.0
Model S Signature
Model X on order
Radioflyer S on order
Model 3 first day reservation pending
Powerwall first day reservation holder

It's clearly not related to car purchase or level of consumer support of the company. I'm sure the event will be well attended by the right people and be cleaner than the X reveal as a result. In Elon we trust.

It sounds harsh that people who have supported Tesla financially with multiple cars would not get invited, but if that means the event
I) Will start on time and look awesome
II) Cameramen have full access
III) Is streamed live worldwide for free (maybe with a 1 minute advance if you watch it from your Tesla?)
IV) And we don't have to read complaints afterwards how the food was bad or one person didn't feel receiving the "VIP" treatment he deserved etc.
V) More people lining up in front of stores to channel their excitement for the product and meet up fellow people sharing this passion in the store on March 30th

Then I'm all for it.

Idunno. It'll probably be somewhere relatively convenient.

Maybe: http://www.teslamotors.com/model3

More like http://tesla.com/model3

Last edited by a moderator: