Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up Inventory 90D in NJ to drive back to MA before the MA incentives drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A I was just about to put down my deposit for a new build Titanium Metalic 90D I received an email notification from Tesla alerting me that the MA incentive was going to drop from $ 2500 to $1000 for any EV over $60k at the end of the month (less than a week ). I put down my deposit and later confirmed that the incentive change was going to happen as indicated. As a new build would take more than a month, I contacted my Owner Advisor who found a similarly equipped 90D with 277 miles in NJ. We transferred the deposit to this inventory 90D with the expectation that I would be able to take delivery before the deadline of the incentive change.

This evening I got an email for my DS that we could expect delivery mid-March.....WHAT???...Apparently logistically the car wouldn't be able to be transferred in time to MA from NJ. So...I'll be closing the deal Friday in MA, picking up my plates, then taking a road trip to NJ for delivery.

Never a dull moment. ...I think I'll try to get one of my pilot friends to fly me down....

Can't wait for the return trip :cool:

Titanium Metallic | 90D| AP | UHF stereo | Pano | Obeche Gloss | All black premium interior | Cold Weather | Black Next Gen | 19" standard wheels | standard suspension

Yeah - nothing happens fast at the delivery phase ... until the end of the quarter is near.

Glad to see that things worked out but you do realize that you are doing this for $1500? Hardly seems worth it if you value your time. Adventure yes, savings - eh.

Pity that Tesla or you weren't more informed of the change. But congrats!