Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best way to determine my car's value?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have P11XXX, a P85, every option they offered at the time except 21" wheels and air suspension.

74,000 miles.

How do I go about figuring out what price I could potentially sell my car for?

I suppose I should spell it all out.

MC Red
Pano
Dual chargers
Jump seats
Carbon Fiber interior with performance seats
Tech package
Studio sound
19" seats
Coil suspension

might be forgetting something, but that's what mattered to me when I bought it.

Last edited:
It's hard to know since your mileage is higher than most. I'd check Craigslist and eBay and list it for the low end of what other same year P85s are going for. Then let the feedback from buyers help you decide what you'll take for it. If you get an offer of $50K, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

There have been a lot of lower mileage P85 CPOs with full warranty selling for $50K and even P85+ CPOs going for $55K.

With 74k miles, I am surprised to see a $5x,XXX as the first number. I would have hunched high $40k. But really, once you pass 50,000 miles and are off the B2B warranty, its game in to see how high you can take "Infinite miles" for the drive train and battery. P11,000 is a 2013, yes? I bet that at or near the $50,000 number will make some buyer very happy.

rdrcmatt, I have heard a 'rule of thumb' is subtract $1 per mile and $1,000 per month of age from the original MSRP. I don't know how well it works, just something I read in an online comment.
I have P11XXX, a P85, every option they offered at the time except 21" wheels and air suspension.

74,000 miles.

How do I go about figuring out what price I could potentially sell my car for?

I suppose I should spell it all out.

MC Red
Pano
Dual chargers
Jump seats
Carbon Fiber interior with performance seats
Tech package
Studio sound
19" seats
Coil suspension

might be forgetting something, but that's what mattered to me when I bought it.

In my opinion $50,000 would be tops for that car. It's a no parking sensor, no folding mirrors car, yes?

That, the mileage, the fact that it's out of warranty and the fact that you can get reasonably low mileage (30kish) S85's for low 50's all conspires against you.

If you don't mind me taking things slightly off topic, what's your 90% range charge at that mileage?

Try to find comparable cars, though your mileage may make it hard. At quick glance, this one was the closest on CPO's - 85 kWh Performance Model S P14666 | Tesla Motors is slightly newer (2-3 months) has some more options, 2/3 miles, and it comes with 4 year B2B warranty for $57,300 from Tesla. A similar car with 25K miles less (approximately the difference to your car) is $68,100 here (85 kWh Performance Model S P18787 | Tesla Motors). So my guess is that assuming warranty costs don't skyrocket after 74K miles, yours would retail around $45k as a CPO (21" wheels seem to hold their value for CPO). So, if you have the ESA, yours would probably retail around that. Without the ESA, the value will be lower, hard to tell how far. Did you check with Tesla what they would give you for your car? They are the only ones that can add the warranty post 50K miles, so they may be in the best position to buy it.

Disclaimer: this is pure speculation/opinion. I am not a car dealer, I sold 1 used Tesla in my entire life. The actual value of your car is what someone is willing to pay you for it.