Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a Euro CPO as non-EU citizen for export means?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all;

I'm from Turkey and we don't have Tesla selling officially in the country yet. Only way to have a Tesla is configure and buy from "Other Europe" page and take delivery from NL, export on your own means. My question is, as a non EU citizen could I buy a CPO from Denmark, Norway, Germany, Switzerland etc. and not register it, be exempt from any tax that may apply provided that I export it to my own country and prove registration?

I'm sure someone here would know the details regarding the law on this. I can take delivery and fly to that country for a short trip, arrange transportation (or better yet attempt and drive it back via a temp plate/insurance, like the thing BMW does with it's euro delivery option in "De Welt"?) import and register in Turkey and pay taxes required for Turkey.

What do you guys think? Feasible?

Cheers;

edit: Nevermind. After a bit of research on my country's customs side I found that it is not allowed to import a used (registered) vehicle into the country if you don't have a residential permit or citizenship in the country of origin. Looks like importing brand new from Tilburg is the only way to go for the forseeable future. Feel free to delete the thread if you like. Or maybe some other countries close to Europe with no Tesla stores can discuss. (Russia maybe?)

Last edited: