Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D Ludicrous Problems?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of us with ludicrous upgrades had our cars die the night of the 7.1 firmware install. It was a bad connection in the battery pack. Not clear it was related to the ludicrous upgrade, but there were no other reports of such failures on this forum. Both cars were repaired without problems.

My P85D was delivered February 2015. Had the Ludicrous Mode done end of December. The upgrade is amazing, would do it again in a heart beat. The only thing I noticed was my 100% charge before the upgrade was 256 miles (and before 7.1) and now it's 249 miles. I don't know if 7.1 has anything to do with it. I also always have the Range Mode off. Other than that no issues. Good luck with your upgrade.

My P85D was delivered February 2015. Had the Ludicrous Mode done end of December. The upgrade is amazing, would do it again in a heart beat. The only thing I noticed was my 100% charge before the upgrade was 256 miles (and before 7.1) and now it's 249 miles. I don't know if 7.1 has anything to do with it. I also always have the Range Mode off. Other than that no issues. Good luck with your upgrade.

Thanks. Good to hear your happiness with the upgrade. According to Tesla, I am "number 2' at Fremont, but something tells me many more than 1 have been installed since the announcement.

Anyone else had this range issue?