Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BBC radio not working via Tunein

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For about a week (perhaps since the recent 7.1 update in Australia), I have been unable to listen to BBC radio streams via Tunein.

I can get all the other stations, but the only BBC stations I get are foreign language, like BBC Urdu or BBC Arabic.

I can't get BBC World Service, or any of the domestic stations, like Radios 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.

Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Also discovered Tune-In related problem since 7.1 upgrade . . . I have had NPR Hourly News Report "favorited" (is there a better verb?) for several years and now all of a sudden when trying to play the stream I get an error message "High bandwidth content - please connect to WiFi." Since it is doubtful NPR actually changed its streaming bandwidth, I tried logging out of Tune-In and logging back in. I could get the stream to play several times, then later the error message comes back. I also cross-checked the 3G signal strength and there doesn't seem to be any correlation. Perhaps it is unrelated to 7.1, but I wonder . . . .

Anyone else seeing the "High bandwidth error" message for content that worked previously?

Anyone else seeing the "High bandwidth error" message for content that worked previously?

I had this happen with a previous update (not 7.1). I emailed Tesla, and brought my car in (for something unrelated, but asked them to look into this). When I got the car back the same evening, that particular station worked.

I don't know what Tesla did, nor did I ask, but you should email them and see if they can fix it on their end. I doubt mine was a coincidence

Also discovered Tune-In related problem since 7.1 upgrade . . . I have had NPR Hourly News Report "favorited" (is there a better verb?) for several years and now all of a sudden when trying to play the stream I get an error message "High bandwidth content - please connect to WiFi." Since it is doubtful NPR actually changed its streaming bandwidth, I tried logging out of Tune-In and logging back in. I could get the stream to play several times, then later the error message comes back. I also cross-checked the 3G signal strength and there doesn't seem to be any correlation. Perhaps it is unrelated to 7.1, but I wonder . . . .

Yes, and I started a separate thread about it:

No more Latest NPR Hourly News Update in the car?