Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tampa International Plaza location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was recently looking through the job listings on the Tesla Motors website and noticed two openings listed for International Plaza. Does anybody know anything about this location? I wonder if it's going to be a full-fledged store or just a pop-up.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the heads up.

I don't have any inside information, but International Plaza is a great place for a full-fledged Tesla store.

The career page is a good place to get an idea of where Tesla is looking, but it isn't absolutely certain that anything will develop there, although I hope it will.

I remember that the Mall at Millenia in Orlando was another great mall in which Tesla posted careers, but unfortunately that never happened.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the International Plaza.

Larry

Proof Positive:

International Plaza.jpg

Larry

My friend is a valet manager a International Plaza. He attended the mall management meeting today and says it is a long way off. They haven't begun construction or hiring yet. I guess everyone in Tampa will be waiting for the Model ≡ at the Tampa Store on US 301.

That is correct, they are right up against the mall ring road and an easy walk to all the restaurants up an escalator or flight of stairs. You need a chargepoint card but they are free.
I emailed the mall manager recently to thank them for installing the chargers and asked if they were going to add more once Tesla opens but they wouldn't divulge any information, but there is ample room and it would make sense.

That is correct, they are right up against the mall ring road and an easy walk to all the restaurants up an escalator or flight of stairs. You need a chargepoint card but they are free.
I emailed the mall manager recently to thank them for installing the chargers and asked if they were going to add more once Tesla opens but they wouldn't divulge any information, but there is ample room and it would make sense.

Hi,

If you are interested in joining a Florida Tesla club, please click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature.

Larry

International Mall location appears close to being open.

I would have assumed that they'd have the new facelifted S. There was a second Model S (white old face) as well as a skateboard on display. No X.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    436.5 KB · Views: 51
Hi,

If you are interested in joining a Florida Tesla club, please click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature.

Larry
Hi,

Larry
Thanks Larry. I appreciate all that you do for the club and advocating for EVs. I will join as soon as I order my Tesla (next year when my Leaf's lease is up).

I was in the mall yesterday and it looked like it was pretty much ready to open. I had my Model S parked at ChargePoint chargers at the plaza and noticed there are probably around 8 Wall Chargers in in the covered parking area. I presume they will be for test drive vehicles, but I'm curious if a couple will be made available for Tesla owners as well.

The ChargePoint chargers are great, but being able to charge in shaded/protected area, as well as faster, is always nice too. :)

I attended the event last night. They did a really nice job, great catering, live music, lots of Tesla folks on hand. Saw some owners I hadn't seen in a while, drank some beer surrounded by Teslas, and I got there IN my day-old 90D. What could be better?

Reactions: TheTeslaStudio