Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my New 85D! Paint Armor/Protection at Glistening Perfection in SoCal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I picked up my brand new Pearl White 85D on Dec 22. After spending tons of time on this site with you fine folks and reading about everyone’s experiences, I was pretty sold on the idea of getting paint protection. The big question was… which type and was there a reputable vendor in my area? I came across a post byMoeMistry that had a lot of great detail and information about the process. I PM’d him and lucky for me, he’s practically in my backyard! We spoke on the phone and I visited his shop (Glistening Perfection in Aliso Viejo, CA). It was clear (no pun intended) he was an expert in the craft and, more importantly, had a passion for making cars look beautiful. Not the kind of guy that just wants to make a buck or nickle/dime his clientele. He took the time to answer all my questions and discuss the pros/cons of all the options along with the cost. I decided on a semi-custom wrap which covered the front of the car (from the mirrors forward) and the rear bumper area below the lift gate. Additionally, he color corrected the paint and nano coated all the painted areas of the car.

As I mentioned previously, I picked up my car from Tesla on the 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] and, as hard as it was, I left it with Moe that afternoon to work his magic. I knew there was a chance I could be without my car for another week if there was any paint issues, but I figured it was more important to do this right than rush it (which was torture, btw). Regardless, Moe and his crew did an amazing job! The car looks fantastic. Not only that, but even with a meticulous inspection, paint correction, semi custom film application and nano coating on the whole car, he had my car back to me on the 24[SUP]th[/SUP]! I was a Christmas miracle! ;)

Anyway, I can’t thank Moe enough for the great work and you guys for all the great info. I've driven her over 500 miles now and love it beyond words. Here are some pics of Moe’s handiwork. If you’re in the SoCal area and looking for paint protection or just need an amazing detail shop, do yourself a favor and visit the guys at Glistening Perfection. They are the best!

Front1 (Medium).JPG
Front2 (Medium).JPG
FrontDriver (Medium).JPG
FrontFog (Medium).JPG
FrontPass (Medium).JPG
Handle1 (Medium).JPG
Handle2 (Medium).JPG
Headlight1 (Medium).JPG
Headlight2 (Medium).JPG
Headlight3 (Medium).JPG
Mirror1 (Medium).JPG
Mirror2 (Medium).JPG
Mirror3 (Medium).JPG
Nosecone1 (Medium).JPG
QuarterView (Medium).JPG
Rear (Medium).JPG
Front1 (Medium).JPG

MoeMistry, are you able to cover the whole side mirror?

Even on our Moderate installation, we wrap the entire mirror in one piece, and go to the interior potion, side facing the window, about 1/4". On our more advanced installation, we can actually cover the entire mirror without any seams and cover the entire side facing the window. So, it looks like nothing is on it.

We're working on a Model X right now, mirrors are almost identical to an S, so I'll post a few photos up shortly

Hi Moe,

I will have 2, maybe 3 Model Xes that will be used in my business. As they are going through car washes every other day, what would you recommend. Am in OC, so pls PM me what you think

Enjoyed speaking with you the other day. Hopefully the options we went through helped bring you a few steps closer to what choice is right for you.

- - - Updated - - -

What was final cost for everything?

our project costs vary based on what services a client wants/needs.

Please PM me with your particular needs, and I'd be happy to give you an estimate.