Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in and around Nokomis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I am from Niagara, Canada and visiting the Nokomis, Florida area the first two weeks in January. We are staying at a park near Tamiami Trail and 681. I've checked out some charging apps but can't seem to find much in this area! Can anyone tell me where I can charge my Model S some overnights in this area? Many thanks for your help.

Where can I charge overnight near Nokomis?

My wife and I are from the Niagara, Canada area and we are visiting the Nokomis area the first 2 weeks in January. Can anyone tell me where I can occasionally charge our Model S overnight in the Nokomis area. We appreciate all replies and help.

My wife and I am from Niagara, Canada and visiting the Nokomis, Florida area the first two weeks in January. We are staying at a park near Tamiami Trail and 681. I've checked out some charging apps but can't seem to find much in this area! Can anyone tell me where I can charge my Model S some overnights in this area? Many thanks for your help.

Hello Moxie,

Places to charge in Nokomis, FL
1. Matthews Currie Ford - 130 N Tamiami Trail, Nokomis, FL 34275.
+ Two Leviton Level 2 charges Mounted to the wall on the northern side of the main building, one between the service bays facing US-41 and one on the north facing wall. Free, NO card required. Outdoor Level 1 outlets near Level 2 chargers. Free WiFi available inside.
2. Centennial Park - 200 W Venice Ave, Venice, FL 34285
+ Two dual Level 2 / Level 1 charging stations are provided by the City of Venice at the northern row of the western parking area. Free w/ ChargePoint Card. Charging time is limited to 5 houts. Close to dining and attractions.
3. Sharky's on the Pier - 1600 Harbor Drive South Venice, FL 34285
+ One Clipper Creek Level 2 charging station for Electric Vehicles mounted on a metal post (Next to a charging station for golf carts) at the north side of the parking lot. Free! A parking space is reserved by a clearly marked sign and the parking space is pained green. Look for solar panels in the field next to the chargers.

Safe Travels!:smile:

Moxie, welcome to Florida. It seems as though thousands of your fellow Canadian citizens beat you down here this year. I've noticed lots of Canadian license plates already this season. If you are staying in Nokomis, I have no doubt you'll make an occasional trip to the new University Town Center Mall in Sarasota where you'll find more than a dozen Level 2 chargers, including at least four Tesla high power wall chargers (80A). It's about a 25 minute drive to some of the best shopping and restaurants in the area. Surprisingly, these HPWCs are not shown on the Tesla's Destination Charging Map. There is also a Tesla showroom in the mall.

Don't forget 120 V charging as well. If you stay at your destination a few days, and don't drive much, it can be all you need. It also can mean less time at L2 charging stations. Take a 50' or 100' heavy duty 10 or 12 gauge extension cord and ask to use an outlet.

Have a great trip.

GSP

And also remember if you venture south to visit the Ft Meyers area, you always have the superchargers down there. If you go, be very careful about the exit signs on I 75 south. The exit lanes have changed, and the Nav system will tell you to exit about 1/4 mile too late.

You mentioned you will be staying "at a park". If you will be camping at an RV Park, there should be 50A outlets there, so you could charge via the UMC and adapter.