Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Power & Light: Off Peak vs On Peak and Meter Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is so odd. I have spoke to no less than 5 different people in various departments and nobody has been able to tell me what the cost difference is between on and off peak per kWh. They can't even tell me how much the meter costs to install! They are sending me a brochure but I doubt it has any more information that I have been able to find online which is near nothing.

My current electric cost is 12c per kWh which doesn't differentiate between on and off peak. I just want to know if the cost saving is significant enough to offset the cost of the meter installation in a year or so.

Are there any FP&L customers out there that have any information they could share?

This is so odd. I have spoke to no less than 5 different people in various departments and nobody has been able to tell me what the cost difference is between on and off peak per kWh. They can't even tell me how much the meter costs to install! They are sending me a brochure but I doubt it has any more information that I have been able to find online which is near nothing.

My current electric cost is 12c per kWh which doesn't differentiate between on and off peak. I just want to know if the cost saving is significant enough to offset the cost of the meter installation in a year or so.

Are there any FP&L customers out there that have any information they could share?

Go to the Florida site, page 3, discussion on "FPL off-Peak Charging" http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/52755-FPL-Off-Peak-Charging

I was on it for 3 months but didn't work for me even though I was able to shift 2/3 of my usage to off-peak. My FPL bill under TOU increased. There was a monthly charge of $11.90 for the meter but there was no disconnect charge when I reverted last month back from TOU (RTR-1) to RS-1. Call Tammy Franklin at FPL 1-800-749-2285 ext 25 as she will answer most questions for you and, if you like, set you up for TOU.

Go to the Florida site, page 3, discussion on "FPL off-Peak Charging" http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/52755-FPL-Off-Peak-Charging

I was on it for 3 months but didn't work for me even though I was able to shift 2/3 of my usage to off-peak. My FPL bill under TOU increased. There was a monthly charge of $11.90 for the meter but there was no disconnect charge when I reverted last month back from TOU (RTR-1) to RS-1. Call Tammy Franklin at FPL 1-800-749-2285 ext 25 as she will answer most questions for you and, if you like, set you up for TOU.

Thank you very much!