Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aust Price Rise Nov 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I took the plunge and bought a P85D and will let my wife know shortly...

For or those considering buying, I received an email from Tesla yesterday and they told me to expect a price rise from the 27th of November for Aust delivered Teslas. Apparently they are expecting about 6% which if you add on LCT could be around $20,000 more for a P85D. It makes sense given the AUD falls. Has anyone else heard this? It may be sales talk but they seemed genuine and put it in writing

Today I took the plunge and bought a P85D and will let my wife know shortly...

For or those considering buying, I received an email from Tesla yesterday and they told me to expect a price rise from the 27th of November for Aust delivered Teslas. Apparently they are expecting about 6% which if you add on LCT could be around $20,000 more for a P85D. It makes sense given the AUD falls. Has anyone else heard this? It may be sales talk but they seemed genuine and put it in writing
James in Brisbane says the same sort of thing.

I recieved a call from matt 10.30pm on a saturday night suggesting I order immediately before an overnight price rise (back in late april). Indeed the price did rise substantially that night. No other car salesman would do that. I immediately ordered.
Sometimes tesla communication is extraordinary!

Last edited:
Yep...I bought my yet to be delivery 70 before the last price rise....that worked out at around $10K saved once LCT is included etc....after this next price rise it makes the car quite a bit more expensive...glad I bough when I did...James tells me I have around 2 weeks to go before I'll be picking up my 70 :) yay....

-ECIT

This discussion goes back to the first of the year. Some of us were LUCKY enough to buy the car early. My price was set of 1 December, and the price has increased 30% since then (three price increases plus the one coming). Tesla does not inflate their prices over the effect of exchange rate like the BMWs, MERs, etc, so their prices swing more often.

Don't count of an "improvement" in the exchange rate for the next several years, it is likely to be below $0.65 for a very long time. Its natural rate, historically is 65 cents, not a dollar.....commodity prices are not likely to improve for a decade or more

Buy now and ENJOY the ride

Second price prise for me, my car (about to be delivered, order just before the previous price rise...so 2 prices rises now since I ordered) has gone up a total of $15,928 including taxes.

Mine is a Model S 70, pano roof, next gen leather seats, base white, delivered to VIC....represents a 12.5% increase in 5 months basically.

-ECIT

Second price prise for me, my car (about to be delivered, order just before the previous price rise...so 2 prices rises now since I ordered) has gone up a total of $15,928 including taxes.

Mine is a Model S 70, pano roof, next gen leather seats, base white, delivered to VIC....represents a 12.5% increase in 5 months basically.

-ECIT
My 85D ordered in april and recieved late october has increased 30k, which is just under 20%.

-ECIT

Wish I'd ordered mine when you ordered yours... alas I did not really even know about Teslas until September when I drive one in the USA. I was sold immediately and after a month or so of research my order was in.