Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVE for Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have it and subscribe to it, and to be honest I have not used it in a couple weeks. I moved away from it because it seems their server was VERY slow at the time. I opted to login into my google apps account via gmail (the primary reason I subscribed) and have been using is since. I also find the gmail interface shows new emails much faster. (I also recently upgraded to LTE) so maybe that's helping my situation.

I signed up for the free version a while back. Tried it out once or twice but the free apps felt fairly limited and I didn't want to pony up for the paid version. The browser is just so damned slow - even with LTE, and even with Tesla optimized pages - that I've pretty much given up on if after a month of ownership. Why bother when I have a blazing fast iPhone in my pocket at all times? I'm not going to browse when I'm driving of course, so if I'm stopped I'll choose iPhone over Tesla browser any day. If was even remotely as fast as my iPhone browser it would actually be a joy to use.

What's up with that BTW (the ridiculous browser speeds)? I'm sure this is covered in other posts, but I'm feeling lazy at the moment. It's just surprising that my LTE iPad (comparing screen sizes) can blaze through any webpage, while my LTE Tesla browser runs slower than a crude early 2000's flip phone browser. Are they nerfing the browser on purpose to dissuade people from using it (say, while driving)? Or does Tesla just massively throttle the bandwidth in light of the other data needs it prioritizes (Nav, Slacker, etc)?

What's up with that BTW (the ridiculous browser speeds)? I'm sure this is covered in other posts...

Yes, it has but no harm in mentioning it again. Seems strange that such an advanced vehicle would have such an awful browser. I seems that is the one universal complaint about the car. But hopefully one that will eventually be fixed.

In the mean time just take solace in the fact that you are driving the best car on the planet. :)

map724,

After seeing your question, I signed up for the free version. It is really limited and basically useless. All the interesting things are in the paid app. I'm cheap. But I might try the paid app for a month. But the most useful features, like home connectivity, will require me to buy all sorts of things to automate my house. I'm not willing to do that until there is a unified standard so that whatever I buy will work across all platforms. In addition, I'm not looking at anything like this for the car until Tesla gives us a browser that isn't still stuck in 1991.

And the wallpaper that is supposed to look like my dash looks terrible.

Yes, it has but no harm in mentioning it again. Seems strange that such an advanced vehicle would have such an awful browser. I seems that is the one universal complaint about the car. But hopefully one that will eventually be fixed.

In the mean time just take solace in the fact that you are driving the best car on the planet. :)

You are dead on my man. Best car on the planet, no question. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Even with the occasional quirk.

Cheers!

Anyone know how to cancel premium membership? Reached out to them via their support e-mail address twice with request to cancel, but they still charge my CC (for sure for the last time now). Just wondering...

I had the premium version for a while, I was going to primarily use the mileage tracker for business and possibly e-mail. But, as has been said:

1. The Tesla browser is just too slow to be useful with these apps.
2. The mileage tracker app always seemed to have problems, and I resorted to using either a mileage tracker app on my phone, or just using Visible Tesla.
3. E-Mail app would never save my passwords, and since I use random high-security ones, it was always a pain to configure it again.

I cancelled the premium service, but it took 3 e-mails to them and 2 months for them to respond.

Sorry of this has been covered in another thread - I searched by couldn't find anything. Has anyone ever used EVE for Tesla (EVE For Tesla | Premier Dashboard Experience For Your Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X, Tesla Model III | Powered by Evolved Vehicle Environments) and, if so, any thoughts on it? Worth the subscription?

Thank you.
Has anyone tried closing their Tesla Motors Club account? I need to change my profile name and can't find a way except to create a new account. HELP.

I signed up for the free version a while back. Tried it out once or twice but the free apps felt fairly limited and I didn't want to pony up for the paid version. The browser is just so damned slow - even with LTE, and even with Tesla optimized pages - that I've pretty much given up on if after a month of ownership. Why bother when I have a blazing fast iPhone in my pocket at all times? I'm not going to browse when I'm driving of course, so if I'm stopped I'll choose iPhone over Tesla browser any day. If was even remotely as fast as my iPhone browser it would actually be a joy to use.

What's up with that BTW (the ridiculous browser speeds)? I'm sure this is covered in other posts, but I'm feeling lazy at the moment. It's just surprising that my LTE iPad (comparing screen sizes) can blaze through any webpage, while my LTE Tesla browser runs slower than a crude early 2000's flip phone browser. Are they nerfing the browser on purpose to dissuade people from using it (say, while driving)? Or does Tesla just massively throttle the bandwidth in light of the other data needs it prioritizes (Nav, Slacker, etc)?
The browser is slow because the processor and memory is quite old and limited.

I recently signed up for 1 month to test the premium apps and so far I have not been able to get the SMS IFTTT connection to work, my phone says it is sending and the applet is running, but nothing shows up on the car. I emailed them and am waiting on a response. I also called them but after about 10 rings it just hangs up, unable to leave a message.

Ladies and gentlemen. EVE Solutions attempted to reply directly to several of your above posts. As they are not paid vendors for the site those posts have not been approved. However, the main point was "sorry, we'll do better, please reach out to us via our support options and we'll reply within 24 hours.
Toll free number: (844) 837-5210 or by email: [email protected]