Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going to U.S. next month, any goodies worth-while buying back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Henry,

I suggest you bring back two dozen supercharging stations :)

Congrats with your upcoming car.

I hauled different stuff from the US to HK, mainly for others. Even floor mats, but also bags and many different parts.

Before you take anything, find out what is available in Hong Kong. I got the colouring correction kits (for stone chips etc), but that was back when they weren't available in HK yet. And ... I didn't even use my own yet.

Don't buy any charging equipment, actually. Forget the superchargers, as the American plugs are the smaller US version.

If you do visit a Tesla Store, go to the apparel section, they usually have newer stuff there.

Free and fair elections?

LOL the choice to either elect a brother and son of two previous Presidents OR (and ONLY OR as you don't get to choose who goes into the elections) the wife of another previous President? Or maybe a billionaire business man who is so representative of the idea "anyone" can be freely elected and that their money doesn't "buy fairness"? :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

Just confirmed my order last week for a 85D.

Will there be any accessories (from Tesla Accessories and Charging Adapters Accessories or some after market companies) for the car that are worth-while buying during my biz trip in U.S. next month?

Thanks for all your advice in advance!

Maybe the roof rack if you're a bicyclist?

Hi Henry,

I suggest you bring back two dozen supercharging stations :)

Congrats with your upcoming car.

I hauled different stuff from the US to HK, mainly for others. Even floor mats, but also bags and many different parts.

Before you take anything, find out what is available in Hong Kong. I got the colouring correction kits (for stone chips etc), but that was back when they weren't available in HK yet. And ... I didn't even use my own yet.

Don't buy any charging equipment, actually. Forget the superchargers, as the American plugs are the smaller US version.

If you do visit a Tesla Store, go to the apparel section, they usually have newer stuff there.

Thanks a lot, DITB! I look forward to getting the car next year in May.

I might buy the Pano Roof Sunshades.

LOL the choice to either elect a brother and son of two previous Presidents OR (and ONLY OR as you don't get to choose who goes into the elections) the wife of another previous President? Or maybe a billionaire business man who is so representative of the idea "anyone" can be freely elected and that their money doesn't "buy fairness"? :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the roof rack if you're a bicyclist?

Perhaps, I will also buy the Mat for the Interior Set and Rear Trunk Set.

You can get some very good third party floor mats. Very good fit, with or without raised edges. There was a group buy a while back, I think at least 20 sets were sold. I got a few extra, because I knew they would be popular. And I passed them on right away. Maybe time for another group buy? I think each set was 250 HKD, if you got the complete set (trunk and frunk). This was before the D model, and obviously, new mats would need to be specified for D or RWD model, as the frunk size is different.

Maybe there will be some for prizes on our event the 29th of November? See the other thread or Charged Hong Kong | Hong Kong Electric Vehicle Association. Even if you don't have an EV yet, you can ask here to join as passenger in one of the other cars? 300 HKD including prize lucky draw, free gifts, breakfast buffet at hotel ICON and much more. Not to mention getting to know many other EV drivers in Hong Kong.

Remember to sign up as member at Charged Hong Kong | Hong Kong Electric Vehicle Association first ... there are also groups on LINE, WhatsApp, Facebook ... send PM for details if interested.

Last edited:
You can get some very good third party floor mats. Very good fit, with or without raised edges. There was a group buy a while back, I think at least 20 sets were sold. I got a few extra, because I knew they would be popular. And I passed them on right away. Maybe time for another group buy? I think each set was 250 HKD, if you got the complete set (trunk and frunk). This was before the D model, and obviously, new mats would need to be specified for D or RWD model, as the frunk size is different.

Maybe there will be some for prizes on our event the 29th of November? See the other thread or Charged Hong Kong | Hong Kong Electric Vehicle Association. Even if you don't have an EV yet, you can ask here to join as passenger in one of the other cars? 300 HKD including prize lucky draw, free gifts, breakfast buffet at hotel ICON and much more. Not to mention getting to know many other EV drivers in Hong Kong.

Remember to sign up as member at Charged Hong Kong | Hong Kong Electric Vehicle Association first ... there are also groups on LINE, WhatsApp, Facebook ... send PM for details if interested.

LOL sorry OP for highjacking this post but DITB could you pass me info on the trunk/frunk mats info? I joined Charged HK (hope to get a sticker before the Rally) and am in one of the Tesla Line groups but haven't seen anyone post group buys of that yet; thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I got the pano roof + rear window sunshades from a guy who had them made in China; PM me if you want his contact for a quote? He said he sold tons to Tesla owners already in HK

But my 2 cents is that after using it for a week, I went to have all my windows 3M tinted (legally) and took off the sunshades because it defeated the nice view of the pano roof; will keep them and reinstall when summer time comes and I need that extra sun block.