Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 21" Arachnid Wheel and Tire Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just came across this: Tesla Accessories and Charging Adapters Arachnid Wheel and Tire Package

Untitled.png

• Disagree
Reactions: Mickie
Well that's a surprise. Don't understand why Tesla would decide to offer a new 21" wheel style, and only available after you buy the car (it's not shown in the Design Studio).

The name "Arachnid" strikes me as odd: the wheel has five pairs of spokes, for a total of 10. All arachnids (spiders) have 8 legs.
As to the aesthetics of the wheel, not to my taste.

I think they look very sharp, and it is great to see more wheel options from Tesla. I bet this will be tempting for those lucky people who have received referral credits.

from what i've seen posted by many here on TMC the whole referral credits was a lie (bait & switch) and you cannot use it to purchase any accessories and it only applies to service visits and a new car purchase.

from what i've seen posted by many here on TMC the whole referral credits was a lie (bait & switch) and you cannot use it to purchase any accessories and it only applies to service visits and a new car purchase.

I thought you could use it for accessories purchased in-store, but not online. So, if you had credits, you could go into the store and order floor mats or a rear center console with the referral credits. I would be looking for a rear console and CHAdeMO if I ever get credits (the two I actually referred took my advice and got OH referrals to save another $1k). So if someone has spare credits they want to burn, I can get some accessories at my local SvC and maybe ship it up you (and hope you'd share a trunk all weather mat or something lol).

- - - Updated - - -

Well that's a surprise. Don't understand why Tesla would decide to offer a new 21" wheel style, and only available after you buy the car (it's not shown in the Design Studio).

I'm honestly surprised they didn't instead offer a 20" option and shared that with the X. I know many here have posted about aftermarket 20s. I would have thought they would develop an alternative 20" wheel for the X and offer it to S owners as well.

The announcement of the referral program states that if someone uses your referral code to buy a new S, "...you will get a $1,000 credit in your Tesla account, which can be applied to a future car purchase, service charge, or accessories".
Seems pretty clear. Please point us to a post where someone whose referral code was used to purchase a new S and then they were unable to use their credit on Tesla accessories. I would like to know about that. Thanks.

The announcement of the referral program states that if someone uses your referral code to buy a new S, "...you will get a $1,000 credit in your Tesla account, which can be applied to a future car purchase, service charge, or accessories".
Seems pretty clear. Please point us to a post where someone whose referral code was used to purchase a new S and then they were unable to use their credit on Tesla accessories. I would like to know about that. Thanks.

As far as I know, the referral codes don't work for online purchases. (A separate company runs Tesla's web store, and isn't exposed to the referral credit info). You can just buy the same things at the service center to use your credits for accessories.

In the UK there is no online store for accessories at all.

People with credits have been told they can't be used for apparel but can be used for anything else (CHAdeMO, roof bars, covers, rubber floor mats etc).

- - - Updated - - -

I would bet it's for aerodynamic reasons.

I'd be amazed if those are more aerodynamic than the turbines.