Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible teaser of Model 3's shape

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This came from the slides in JB Straubel's recent talk in Reno. Could this be an actual representation of Model 3's shape?

I see side mirrors and the rear "hips" of the Model S. The front looks boxy like the new Chrysler Chargers.

Also note the use of III and not 3.

Screenshot 2015-10-16 at 17.33.04 - Display 2 - Edited.png

That's not black; I think it's midnight blue.
I did a pixel by pixel enhancement. All three RGB channels are completely evenly distributed. It is therefore black or possibly a very dark gray. Claiming that it's blue is a clear sign that you are opposed to serious analysis of all mule related data.
I now feel compelled to say something offensive about you. The fact that you are a moderator will not stop me from being obnoxious and way too bought into this whole analysis thing.
So there. Now I told you.

I did a pixel by pixel enhancement. All three RGB channels are completely evenly distributed. It is therefore black or possibly a very dark gray. Claiming that it's blue is a clear sign that you are opposed to serious analysis of all mule related data.
I now feel compelled to say something offensive about you. The fact that you are a moderator will not stop me from being obnoxious and way too bought into this whole analysis thing.
So there. Now I told you.

&%$#! Retina 5K screen......

Au contraire!

While I do agree with you that a pixel by pixel enhancement of the car does show an even distribution of the RGB channels, a pixel-by-pixel enhancement of the shadow shows that green outweighs the other 2 channels by 0.6%. So in fact, this is a green-biased light getting reflected off the car.

For an object to appear 100% black (and not green) while reflecting a green-biased light, said object would have to be purple.

So my guess is that the Model 3 will ship in a purple color - maybe something like Iridium?