Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Missouri Destination Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too bad the Joplin one isn't 80 amps and available to non-patrons. Would facilitate travel to/from Springfield area to Tulsa area.
Not sure why the Greenstay in Springfield isn't posted yet. I may give them a call...

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad the Joplin one isn't 80 amps and available to non-patrons. Would facilitate travel to/from Springfield area to Tulsa area.
Not sure why the Greenstay in Springfield isn't posted yet. I may give them a call...

Never mind, it is listed now... Tesla Store, Service Centers and Chargers
But there used to be one on at the Best Western Plus Coach House North Glenstone, but it is no longer listed. Curious. The one on Glenstone was ever obstinate about letting anyone use the charger unless you stayed there. It's still listed on Plugshare.

I disagree, destination charging should be just that, not waystation charging. These hotels install it to attract business, and they're in the business of renting rooms, not giving away or even selling electricity. If hotels get hassled by people asking to charge there they may decide it's not worth the bother at all.

I disagree, destination charging should be just that, not waystation charging. These hotels install it to attract business, and they're in the business of renting rooms, not giving away or even selling electricity. If hotels get hassled by people asking to charge there they may decide it's not worth the bother at all.

Could see your point if there was actually any risk of being overwhelmed. And I'm not opposed to buying a meal in their restaurant while I wait (which might be acceptable to them, it is some places), but in this part of the country there are not enough people traveling that route that crowding would be an issue.

I understand what you're saying though. It's just that charging options in this area or so scarce that we need something to bridge us until we eventually get superchargers.