Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, Porsche, Google, & Privacy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never been happy about Tesla's choice of Google for mapping because of their "up-to-the-creepy-line" policies and overall business model. But today I Motortrend is reporting that Porsche has refused to use Google because of the terms Google requires. Assuming that Tesla allows Google to collect similar information, I am now even more unhappy about the use of Google for navigation.

I would love to see a non-tracking service replace Google in Tesla's navigation.

See point #5: 13 Cool Facts About the 2017 Porsche 911

I have never been happy about Tesla's choice of Google for mapping because of their "up-to-the-creepy-line" policies and overall business model. But today I Motortrend is reporting that Porsche has refused to use Google because of the terms Google requires. Assuming that Tesla allows Google to collect similar information, I am now even more unhappy about the use of Google for navigation.

I would love to see a non-tracking service replace Google in Tesla's navigation.

See point #5: 13 Cool Facts About the 2017 Porsche 911

Tesla doesn't use Android Auto. In addition, according to your link, Google states that before any info is shared, users must opt in.
...Android Auto users must opt in to share any information upon their first connection of their phone to a car...