Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7,200 Mile Roadtrip in a Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DavidM

P2624, Delivered
Aug 18, 2011
Florida
This past August (2015) my wife and I embarked on the vacation of a lifetime. A 7,200 mile, 33 day roadtrip vacation in a Model S (18 driving days & 15 non-driving days). We began the trip by driving our daughter (1,000 miles) to her new college and getting her settled in. We visited (56) Tesla Supercharger stations, and we stayed (14) nights at hotels with Tesla Destination chargers, as we traveled through (25) States. Check out our travel blog for all of the details and photos. You'll find a trip info page, along with a daily travel blog, a trip summary, our vehicle stats, and much more. Enjoy!

Road Tripping With a Tesla
https://roadtrippingwithatesla.wordpress.com/

I did over 11k miles more than a year ago; and even back then there were at least two people that had already done longer trips than that. One of them pretty much entirely without Superchargers.

Thanks for all the details, DavidM (and Owner). Traveling by Supercharger may not be the fastest way to circle the country for people unwilling to fly or stop for restroom breaks; but we found it perfect for the way we travel.