Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated or defective Horn?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 70D, production date 8/2015.
The horn I have is a single tone instead of a dual tone. To me, it sounds a bit weak.

It sounds like in the past the horn has been a standard dual tone horn. Can anyone else with a recent build confirm that this is an update or is mine defective?

I found a youtube clip:
Tesla Test Drive - YouTube

My horn definitely doesn't sound like that.

I have a 70D, production date 8/2015.
The horn I have is a single tone instead of a dual tone. To me, it sounds a bit weak.

It sounds like in the past the horn has been a standard dual tone horn. Can anyone else with a recent build confirm that this is an update or is mine defective?

I found a youtube clip:
Tesla Test Drive - YouTube

My horn definitely doesn't sound like that.

Post a clip for us. Given I'd expect them to source a good quality two-tone horn.

A loud and authoritative horn is a huge safety feature. I've avoided accidents by using the horn at the right time to let someone know there is another car where they intend to be...

Post a clip for us. Given I'd expect them to source a good quality two-tone horn.

A loud and authoritative horn is a huge safety feature. I've avoided accidents by using the horn at the right time to let someone know there is another car where they intend to be...

Make sure you got no water in. Mine sounded like a rooster screaming under water and had to be replaced.

You have exactly the same problem I had with my car...I felt embarrassed to honk because it sounded so weird...Call your service center and they will replace it.

Cut and Paste from Tesla service invoice:

Concern: Customer noted that the horn does not work

Pay Type: Warranty

Corrections: Exterior Lights & Lamp; Horn General Diagnosis: Horn is inoperative, driver side, low tone.Corrrections: HornDrivers side horn inoperative. replaced horn. operating as designed.

Part Quantity HORN - ELECTRICAL, 12V, 410 Hz (1024910-00-C)

Last edited: