Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering settings differs between P85 and P85D. No difference between comfort/sport.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know why Tesla "removed" the steering settings on P85? The buttons are still there, but after a software update a while ago (6.1?) the difference between the settings are barely noticable. In my P85D the behaviour is normal, like my P85 was at first. I thought it was a bug at first, but since it's still not fixed after a bunch of updates, and the P85D is not affected, I start to believe it's deliberate?

Does anyone know why Tesla "removed" the steering settings on P85? The buttons are still there, but after a software update a while ago (6.1?) the difference between the settings are barely noticable. In my P85D the behaviour is normal, like my P85 was at first. I thought it was a bug at first, but since it's still not fixed after a bunch of updates, and the P85D is not affected, I start to believe it's deliberate?

Try rebooting both screens. There were issues a while ago that after a firmware update that changes to the steering settings didn't start taking affect until a reboot was done.

I have obviously rebooted - there's been 5+ SW updates since this issue occured.

So am I the only one with this issue?

Does your car have autopilot HW? My car was build Feb 2014.
Are you sure you know how hard sport is supposed to be? (I mean, have you tested a P85D for instance to confirm that it behaves the same?)