Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have an idea for accent lighting...need advise.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My goal is to have short LED strips in multiple spots along floor, under the seat and other various places. I haven't decided on how many spots yet or how long the strips will be. Will have to do some nighttime testing with short strips and a 9 v battery to test for the perfect brightness and spacing.

I thought it would be awesome if I could get a long RGB strip, add a controller, (don't know which controller would do this) that would have the LEDs change to a different solid color every time power was supplied to the LEDs. So say each night I open the car door a different solid color would fill the interior. Then the colors would loop after 25 or so times, however many colors are programmed into the controller. Obviously the LED strips have to be connected in order for this to work. I'll have to work my magic into hiding the wires. No problem there. Just looking for some advice if this would even be possible. I really want it to change on its own every time. It'd be ok if I had to change it manually, just would prefer it to be automatic.