Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evannex center console vs OEM center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the Evannex is better, especially if you have the carbon fiber interior. I went to the Dallas Tesla store and they have a demo car with the OEM center console in it. To me, it seems pretty poorly designed. The phone dock is awkward and the cupholders take up most of the space. The Evannex is pricey, but well worth it and very easy to install.

Godspeed.

Actually, both are nice. I agree the EVannex I like better because it has the carbon fiber available and other finishes. The CCI from EVannex phone dock to me is angled the wrong way, and storage is much more limited with the 2nd cup holder. I think the OEM version does the phone dock and cup holder better.

Still , don't think I am complaining about the CCI, it's what I have and love it.

The EVAnnex product looks like amateur hour compared to the Tesla OEM product. Absolutely no contest. The design of the Tesla console is superior and is a much better match with the interior, and is bolted in place for safety reasons (unlike the EVAnnex product, which could become a projectile if dislodged in an accident). The Tesla OEM console is high quality as far as I can tell. Phone charger implementation is the only negative that I can see, but the positives far outweigh this minor nitpick.

If the EVAnnex one just changed that awful looking sliding door, it would be much more attractive and I'd seriously consider buying one. However, I have an appointment to get my piano black installed on Monday.

Have not seen the Evannex one but just had the OEM installed 2 days ago.
Lordy. Such an improvement! Cannot believe I drove the car around for over 6 months without it.
It's not perfect mind you. Wish the piano Black was CF. Wish my iPhone 6 plus with minimal case (Pong) would charge.
But it is such a vast improvement over the chasm, that I barely think about these oh so obvious flaws.
Read hundreds of posts about how people prefer the large open spaces, how wives love the area for their bags, how Owners were dead set on getting a console until they lived with their 1st car without one.
I am left just shaking my head.
The Console makes the car look better, act better and just be better.
If you are on the fence, my recommendation would be to jump on down ......sooner rather than later.

[ Side comment on "EVANNEX" -- whenever I see their ad banners on TMC site, I mentally pronounce it as "Ev-uh-NEX" the way "Sominex" is pronounced as "Sah-mih-NEX". It was only recently that I visited the EVANNEX site and realized, oh, it's EE-VEE-ANNEX. Was it just me, or have others mispronounced it too? ]

I think the Evannex is better, especially if you have the carbon fiber interior. I went to the Dallas Tesla store and they have a demo car with the OEM center console in it. To me, it seems pretty poorly designed. The phone dock is awkward and the cupholders take up most of the space. The Evannex is pricey, but well worth it and very easy to install.

Godspeed.
There is a huge amount of space in front of the OEM center console cup holders. I put an LED light in mine to be able to see what I have stored in that space. When I get a loaner the biggest disappointment is not having the center console. I have had other vehicles with center consoles. I prefer the Tesla Premium Center Console to any that I have had.

I got the Tesla center console, and I like it better than EVAnnex. The Tesla center console could be better but its not bad.
Not having a center console would be just ridiculous. I highly recommend getting one.
The car feels incomplete without the console. This should be standard Tesla equipment IMO, or atleast an option on the ordering page.

I think they are both outrageously pricey. But I had to have something to store stuff. I got the OEM version and have been very happy with it. To my eye, it is more attractive than the EVannex one. But that's a taste choice. I like the adjustable cup holders. I use the one closest to me to hold my 1 litre bottle and the second one for a little trash space for receipts and the like. There is an amazing amount of space in the front, which is quite handy. So much so that I can drop my DSLR in there, in front of the two cup slots and it is held quite securely. I don't mind the phone position, because I very rarely look at my phone while driving. It did take a while to learn how to connect the phone the to the charge connector without going through acrobatics to get it done. But I can leave my Apple case on the phone and charge, which is great.

I love the idea of lighting the interior of it and will add that to my list of "little fun things to do".

The EVAnnex product looks like amateur hour compared to the Tesla OEM product. Absolutely no contest. The design of the Tesla console is superior and is a much better match with the interior, and is bolted in place for safety reasons (unlike the EVAnnex product, which could become a projectile if dislodged in an accident). The Tesla OEM console is high quality as far as I can tell. Phone charger implementation is the only negative that I can see, but the positives far outweigh this minor nitpick.

I just got my Tesla OEM console installed last week, and had a chance to see the EVannex CCI this weekend.

All I have to say to anyone choosing between them, make sure you see them in person before ordering.

I'm very glad I got a OEM Console instead of the CCI. There really is no comparison.