Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How's this for customer service?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gg_got_a_tesla

Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913
Jan 29, 2010
Redwood Shores, CA
We - son, wife and I - were heading back all the way from San Diego to the Bay Area today and pulled into the only open spot at the Tejon Ranch Supercharger at around 1 pm. We were thankful that we were able to find an open spot on this busy travel day; there were two cars waiting just a few minutes later.

Now, as soon as we plugged in and stepped out for lunch, noticed that there was a young man in Tesla gear talking to a couple of other folks who were supercharging as well. I walked up and introduced myself; he introduced himself as Paul and said that he was from the West LA service center; he was there to help out in case anyone ran into issues with supercharging today- his service center Model S was parked nearby. This was all very good, we thought.

As we were walking away, got a push notification indicating that the charging had stopped for some reason. I went back to check on it; Paul came over to see if he could help. He helped unplug and plug it back in again and got it going. Again, 5 min later, as we were at a fast food joint nearby, yet another charging stoppage notice. Headed back and talked to Paul; he mentioned that the first two shared SC stalls had some sort of a problem and that this had been happening on and off. He offered to hold on to my key - if I was comfortable with it - to help ensure that the car kept charging; he called me from his phone so that I could text him if I received another stoppage notice. I gave him the key and finally got to sit down for lunch a couple of blocks away.

By the time I got back, Paul had moved the car to a more reliable stall when it opened up and had ensured that it was charged up well for the flat trek to Harris Ranch. This was all in some 102-degree-F weather and he had been standing out there for quite sometime helping folks!

Fantastic customer service all around! Thanks much Paul! He was very appreciative of the little gesture that we could do for him; that of bringing him a nice cold cheesecake-flavored frozen yogurt with tons of fruit toppings from the nearby Yogurtland.

This is the kind of stuff that makes Tesla different. Why would I ever buy a car made by any other manufacturer?!