Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Patch 6/30/2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was actually at .249 and got a patch yesterday as well. Installed and was still at .249 with nothing new. But I had reported my 3g intermittently going out so it might have been a test for just me.

Why was your car undriveable?

I'm curious because a couple of weeks ago, mine completely wigged out (I had 11 error messages at one point), rendering it undriveable as well. The service center has had it for the last few weeks (I was traveling, so that was fine with me), and when it came back, it had 249 on it, but they were unable to find anything specifically wrong with the car.

It was pushed to me yesterday, apparently to deal with a bug that had resulted in my car being briefly un-driveable. I haven't noticed any differences coming from .239.

Bug fixes are boring but I like them anyway!

I was actually at .249 and got a patch yesterday as well. Installed and was still at .249 with nothing new. But I had reported my 3g intermittently going out so it might have been a test for just me.
I talked to my service people about losing my 3G for a day or more at a time and was told that an update was coming that *should* address this. The number was guessed, but ended in a '9'. Might be this one. I'll be happy to see the problem solved!

Why was your car undriveable?

I'm curious because a couple of weeks ago, mine completely wigged out (I had 11 error messages at one point), rendering it undriveable as well. The service center has had it for the last few weeks (I was traveling, so that was fine with me), and when it came back, it had 249 on it, but they were unable to find anything specifically wrong with the car.

It was an odd problem. I got into the car and I had a message on the screen telling me that it was doing a self test. After about 15 seconds it told me that the car required service and was undriveable. After another 10 seconds the message went away and I was able to drive.

Tesla downloaded the logs and told me that they thought that it was a firmware error, although they didn't give me the sense that they were sure about that. I got the feeling that they pushed the firmware, hoping that it might fix a bug.